Thoughts on this RCAF Wing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on this RCAF Wing?

Do these look authentic? I haven't seen any others that match this style exactly.

I picked these up a couple months ago in a large patch lot. The wings appear to have been glued into a scrap book at one time (as did many of the patches in the lot).

Thanks in advance!
    John

John,
    Your winf is a "Patch King" U.S. made example. they made these well into the 1950's, but it is believed that they were also supplying British wings to Commonwealth airmen who were training in the United States.
    As it is a patch king, it would value in the $20 range.
    Allan

Originally posted by johnrtse
    Do these look authentic? I haven't seen any others that match this style exactly.

I picked these up a couple months ago in a large patch lot. The wings appear to have been glued into a scrap book at one time (as did many of the patches in the lot).

Thanks in advance!
    John

Comment

I expressed my opinion in your earlier thread and I still have the same opinion
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=56131

I don't like the large spaces between the feathers on the wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts
        I expressed my opinion in your earlier thread and I still have the same opinion
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=56131

I don't like the large spaces between the feathers on the wings.
        Everything else in the previous thread looks to be original WWII vintage- some of those pieces, like the 27th Infantry patches are rare and desireable. I cannot imagine two fakes getting in with a lot that large of original pieces.
        As I said earlier, these examples are US made though I believe them to be from the WWII preiod. The interesting thing about the Patch King is that they were even making German insignia during the war! They were making it either for the collector market or perhaps for the US military to use in training. Never the less, they did make a lot of unusual insignia.
        Allan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X