Please help with FS knife handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grndevil44 View Post
    last fair here i went to there were loads of FS knives, more that I expected to see, no scabbard and post war mark, I would pay 100 tops, thats just me
    In all sincerity, I would be happy take a couple of nice type 2 knives if you can get them for $100 or less. PM me if you want to do some business. If they are original and in excellent condition that is a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Infanteer View Post
      In all sincerity, I would be happy take a couple of nice type 2 knives if you can get them for $100 or less. PM me if you want to do some business. If they are original and in excellent condition that is a great deal.
      You want them with the ENGLAND stamp, no offense but this is my point, yes its part of the knife's history but from a WW2 collectors point of view they are post war surplus, the handle is interesting and different but I am sure that the set (now saw the scabbard) did not come together, so those two I would think have been married at some point recenttly,

Is this a type 2 or 3 knife though? there was a nice William Rogers knife on ebay canada that went for 125 in scabbard, so my price is not far off? I did see a 2nd pattern Wilinson logo missing some pieces go for $400 (which was expensive IMO) as it was a parts knife the seller says wouldnt come apart...so I guess buyer decide

Seriously though if I do come across a knife will let you know, here is a knife I did pick up, I paid $400 but this is the only type I would spend my cash on a bonus is that is has the guys name and no. on the rear, thats another reason I was willing to buy it..also has the wilkinson logo on the blade
      Attached Files

Comment

no offence, I just think we should challenge prices a bit, I have a limited budget and fix bikes to pay for my stuff, so I try and buy the nicest I can afford and in the area I collect, sorry if I am too harsh on price, it was just a real eye opener to see what dealers where trying to flog at the last fair I went to...guess I have a bee in my bonnet toward them, not toward collectors,

Comment

No, I'm not saying that I want them with the England stamp but I accept that it's a legitimate part of the knife's history. Does the officially applied England stamp render the knives uncollectible? Not at all. Are they less desirable? For some. We all collect items for different reasons.

The topic of value is also a very personal one. Again, based on many factors we are each willing to spend different amounts to acquire items for our collections. I seldom purchase items at the inflated prices that I see on many online dealer sites but in regards to FS knives I rarely encounter them being sold for less than $250 and most often for even more. That's been my experience and I'm not saying that I agree with it but that appears to be the going rate. Regardless of what they seem to regularly sell for, we all have the option of holding onto our hard earned money until a better deal comes along. That's what I do. Unfortunately, no matter how much we wish the prices weren't as high as they are there is nothing that we can realistically do. It's all about supply and demand. There are more and more collectors but the supply is of course dwindling so prices go up. There will always be collectors with greater spending power than both of us.... that's life.

Happy collecting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X