Please help with FS knife handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help with FS knife handle

what era is this from? is it a reproduction? i've searched and couldn't find a similar one... thank you

looks to be a nice knife, this is called beaded and ringed grip

this is an excellent website and has you version

http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artikla...ood/ringed.htm

cheers

Comment

That's obviously a reproduction, but I would take it off your hands.... just to help you out I will give you what you paid

That's actually a rather scarce variation and very desirable. Nice find

Comment

Originally posted by Infanteer View Post

That's actually a rather scarce variation and very desirable. Nice find
        Yes that's for sure a desirable knife but without the stamp England on the cross-guard it would be more desirable don't you think so

Comment

Originally posted by 48RMC View Post
          Yes that's for sure a desirable knife but without the stamp England on the cross-guard it would be more desirable don't you think so
          well the England stamp is part of the history of these knives, but I do agree its nice to have one without this, but they are intriguing, I just recently added one to my collection with the guys name on, any wd stamps are also a bonus, of course it all depends how much you find them for IMO

Comment

Originally posted by grndevil44 View Post
            well the England stamp is part of the history of these knives, but I do agree its nice to have one without this, but they are intriguing, I just recently added one to my collection with the guys name on, any wd stamps are also a bonus, of course it all depends how much you find them for IMO
            I don't like post-war marks so i would buy them only if i could buy them for a bargain price otherwise i would let them go

Comment

Originally posted by 48RMC View Post
              I don't like post-war marks so i would buy them only if i could buy them for a bargain price otherwise i would let them go
              true in this case for me also.

Comment

For me the import mark is simply another indicator of originality and is a legitimate part of the knife's history. Yes, I do feel it degrades the value slightly but this style of handle is so uncommon that the import mark is a minor point. I would be very happy to add that knife to my collection.

Comment

thank you for your help gentlemen. here are pics of the blade, what value would you place on this knife?

Comment

Are you looking to sell the knife? Can you measure the length of the blade?

Comment

Originally posted by Infanteer View Post
                      Are you looking to sell the knife? Can you measure the length of the blade?
                      i'm looking to buy, and not sure of the blade length

Comment

last fair here i went to there were loads of FS knives, more that I expected to see, no scabbard and post war mark, I would pay 100 tops, thats just me

Comment

I guess the location makes a big difference. In Edmonton where I live these knives only come up for sale from time to time and are usually in poor condition. I would expect to see a scarce variation like this to bring more than $100 but I don't believe the extreme prices seen on numerous websites is realistic either. In the end, everyone has their own opinion on value based on many factors and how strong their desire is to own the piece. I can't give a "going rate" value as this is such a seldom encountered variation that I don't have another to compare it to. That alone should give you some idea of what I think it might be worth... to me that is.

Comment

thank you for your comments so far! the knife came with a scabbard...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=706556

Comment

And a scarce scabbard style to boot... !! Nice find. I'm a bit confused though, you already purchased it but are now asking for a value? Are you looking to resell the knife?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X