A few British Airborne badges...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROBB
    fantastic badges I particularly like the India Airborne badge very nice.Question.is it possible to find quality ww2 Special forces insignia at British arms fairs .Rob.
    Where do you think most if this stuff comes from ?

Most of My collection, and I think Jacks, and a lot of the English lads is sourced from here and to a degree Holand, Belgium, USA. Contrary to what the books say this stuff can still be found if you are prepared to look, and pay .

Yours, Guy

Comment

Very nice badges!

Comment

Hiya Rob,

A short answer to your question is no, unless you're very lucky!

Most of my stuff has been bought either privately or through contacts, but as Guy says, there is still a fair about in this country.

Comment

Very fine badges Jack! Great catch!
          I certainly hope the single parachute title is genuine; I just bought one identical to it!
          They were supposed to be replaced by the parachute regiment shoulder title mid 1943; I'm sure some soldiers never adopted these to distinguish themselves from junior members.
          Luc

Comment

Thanks Junior and Luc for your comments

In my opinion, the Parachute is without doubt original because it is the same as known originals and came straight from the son whose father wore it in the war. Classic BS story I know but this time it is true.

I'd love to see a photo of your example.

I think you may be right Luc about distinguishing themselves from less senior members. It is a bit of an old salt thing I suppose?

I got the rest of his stuff now more insignia, photos, release book, etc and I'll do a thread tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts
              I'd love to see a photo of your example.

I think you may be right Luc about distinguishing themselves from less senior members. It is a bit of an old salt thing I suppose?

I got the rest of his stuff now more insignia, photos, release book, etc and I'll do a thread tomorrow!
              I will send some pictures by e-mail Jack when I have recieved it. I don't remember seeing any on the market before, do you have any idea what it is worth?
              Brian Davis shows a picture of a sergeant wearing the curved airborne title in 1945, that is 2 years after the introduction of the official "parachute regiment" title, no doubt this guy was proud to be a senior member and wanted to show it this way. That is why I think that maybe this parachute title was used longer than officially approoved.
              I'm looking forward to see the pictures of your new stuff Jack, always exiting to see your latest catch!
              Luc

Comment

Hi Luc, here is a title worn in Norway in 1945 by Sgt. Don Turner XXI IPC.

Cheers, Ade.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes Luc, when you have it just send me some pictures and I will post it for you if you want.

Original early Parachute shoulder titles are rare and expect to pay a fair amount. I really couldn't begin to guess a "value" for them?

Thanks from, Jack

Comment

Thanks Ade, that seems just the one!

I will send some pictures when I have recieved it Jack. It will take a while I guess; seller only shipped to a UK address so I had them sent to a friend who will then send them to me.
                    I think I paid a very fair price; with the title parachute wings were included and a Pegasus patch all for 20GBP.

Luc

Comment

Hi Luc, I look forwards to seeing some pics, as if these turn out to be original, I think you have paid a very low price

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Ade,

I have send some to Jack that I got from the seller, they are not very good. Perhaps Jack can forward them to you. Even if only the wings are OK the price is fine.
                        Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X