Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on firearms forum any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on firearms forum any thoughts?

Hello there,

I wanted to drop a line overhere to a question about my Canadian marked Smith&Wesson revolver converted by parker hale to .22 caliber.

Please take a look at http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=70504

Any info greatly aprishiated!
    All the best, Eric

Hi Eric, I have answered your question in the firearms forum, but I am no expert on these .22 convertions. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will add to the thread.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I am by no means a firearms expert either - but the rifles I learned to shoot with as a 13 year old in the Royal Canadian Army Cadets were Lee-Enfield #7 rifles. That is, they were WW2 era (most stamped Long Branch in the early '40's although I've seen some as late as '46) #4 rifles converted to .22 for use on indoor ranges. Whether these rifles were converted during the war or post-war I don't know - but it could be related to your pistol.

However, Ade's comments on the stamps are interesting too - they do have a post-war look to them...

Sorry, I think I've just muddled the situation!

Comment

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for your reply!

Although I still don´t know when the convertion is done I aprishiate all input!
        Last edited by andundiek; 10-18-2004, 11:33 PM. Reason: spelling mistake :-)
        All the best, Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,
          I'm not very knowledgable on firearms either. Ade is right about the .22 training revolvers.
          Ian Skennerton mentions them in his book about the Enfield revolver. Two were ordered by the MOD in 1930 as the .22 proposed No3 MkI for 75GBP. They were tested but never went into production.
          Again according to Skennerton "BNP" means post production Birmingham Nitro Proof, applied before commercial sale or export.

Luc

Comment

Hello Luc,

Thanks for your reply.
            I´m rather sure now the convertion must have been done post war.
            Well.......it would have been nice but I like to shoot it as much as before.

Thanks again, Eric
            All the best, Eric

Comment

Originally posted by andundiek
              Hello Luc,
              I´m rather sure now the convertion must have been done post war.
              Well.......it would have been nice but I like to shoot it as much as before.
              It is possible that it was converted postwar; looking at the high serial number makes it unlikely to be an early test model like the .22 Enfield revolver.

Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X