Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C/|\ marked .22 Parker hale conversion Smith&Wesson

Hello to you all,

I would like to get information about my Smith&Wesson revolver I own and use almost every week at the shootingclub.

My father bought this revolver about 25 years ago in a gunshop overhere in Holland.
    The seller told him it was quite a unique revolver because of the .22 conversion done by Parker Hale and that this was done to use the revolver for practice shooting for the soldiers during their training back in the 40´s.

What I would like to know is iff there´s anyone out there who has ever seen a conversion like this and knows iff the story about the training conversion could be true and any Info about the manufacturing date etc. would be very welcome to!

The frame has the Canadian acceptance mark C/|\ and is marked with the serialnumber 73687 and 737315
    The arm holding th cilider 41695
    The barrel and cilinder both also 737315.
    While holding the revolver in your right hand.....on the left side of the barrel
    it is stamped BNP underneath a crown followed by .22LR .610"
    8Tons per (square)"
    See pictures)

On the right side of the barrel there´s a portion machined out with the text " Parker-Hale
    .22 conversion ( see pictures)

When my father bought te revolver it had pachymayer( something like that..) rubber grips and was missing the lug for the lanyard.
    After I got it I bought the wooden grips of which I think are the original model (correct me if i´m wrong) and the missing lug.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    All the best, Eric

left
    Attached Files
    All the best, Eric

Comment

markings 1
      Attached Files
      All the best, Eric

Comment

markings 2
        Attached Files
        All the best, Eric

Comment

cilinder conversion
          Attached Files
          All the best, Eric

Comment

cilinder conversion front
            Attached Files
            All the best, Eric

Comment

cilinder conversion front open
              Attached Files
              All the best, Eric

Comment

frame markings
                Attached Files
                All the best, Eric

Comment

C /|\
                  Attached Files
                  All the best, Eric

Comment

marking
                    Attached Files
                    All the best, Eric

Comment

rear sight
                      Attached Files
                      All the best, Eric

Comment

Hi Eric, I really envy you being able to shoot pistols, as sadly we in the UK cannot own them anymore...

I am no expert on the .22 convertions and I have heard that there were training convertions, but I think the example you have might well be post war done? The reason I say that is the proof mark, "BNP" is for the "Birmingham National Proof House" and that mark is one that is still current. The Parker Hale company markings do have a modern look to them and to me appear more of a civillian thing than something done by the military? Just my thoughts. Sorry I cannot add more.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Dear Eric,

Although I am no expert on .22 conversions I do own a Colt Single Action Army that was converted to a .22. Is your barrel resleeved, as are the cylinder chambers or is it a replacement barrel made as a .22?

Gary B
                          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Hello Ade and Gary,

Thanks for your reply´s!

Ade, I´m sure most of the goverment here in Holland would love to have the same law as in England.......Being a sportshooter ore even interested in anything weapon related makes you some instant criminal in the eyes of most of the "decent" civilians........
                            A few years back there was the opurtunaty to bring in any weapons at the policestation without being arrested for elegal posession of it.
                            Loads of beautiful old swords,bayonets,antique free blackpowder guns which are all legal to have here in Holland were taken of the owner and schredded.
                            AS you understand Holland is a lot safer since that date...

All this asside....(sorry for my little story)
                            Thanks for your thoughts

Hello Gary, The barrel of my revolver has a smaller one crimped (?) inside the original barrel.
                            Do you have any photo´s of yours?

Thanks!
                            All the best, Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X