British neck Order of some sort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brent,

You're much more observant than me when it comes to ribbons. Also, strictly speaking the period should be 1936-1952.

Another interesting aspect is how quickly medals with the ER II cipher became available. Was there a big rush or were the GRI marked awards just used up. I know if I were a proud recipient, I wouldn't care less about the reverse.

Mike

Comment

Always one of my favourite British medals, just for the look! Although a pink ribbon is a bit more whimsical than one usually sees in Britsh philatelics. Pity you can't track down the owner - very inconsiderate of HM Government not to have numbered them! Probably a long serving civil serpent or perhaps someone who had contributed to cultural or benevolent groups.

Comment

Originally posted by peter monahan View Post
        Always one of my favourite British medals, just for the look! Although a pink ribbon is a bit more whimsical than one usually sees in Britsh philatelics. Pity you can't track down the owner - very inconsiderate of HM Government not to have numbered them! Probably a long serving civil serpent or perhaps someone who had contributed to cultural or benevolent groups.
        Actually, the case reads that it's a military CBE, not a civilian version. Was " civil serpent" a Freudian slip?

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Thanks guys for the help.

what is this medal worth... more or less?

thanks for the help Robert

Comment

Hi it's worth more than you paid,I do not have an up to date medal year book but in 1999 it was booking at £125.00.RMR

Comment

Originally posted by helmetbuyers View Post
              Thanks guys for the help.

what is this medal worth... more or less?

thanks for the help Robert
              Dixon's Medals currently list a neck badge CBE for 350 pounds, which is a good barometer for price.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

I checked my most recent " Medals Yearbook ", which is the 2006 edition, and the CBE is listed at 240-260 pounds. Since that's six yeras ago, I would guess an additional 10-20% may need to be added.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X