Dieppe And Hong Kong bar Canadian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed,

I confirmed with the seller that these are original issue bars obtained from the government... and knowing the source as I do I am very confident that this is the case.

I would suspect, that as is the case with many Canadian medals today, they have been manufactured at different times and there are variations, thus, we will find "original" Dieppe and Hong Kong bars with differing characteristics. I would wager that a batch of bars was made up when they were authorized in the 1990s and suspect that additional batche(s) have been manufactured since then. Indeed, they may still be in production to an extent. This is purely my speculation as I have no hard facts to back this up, but seems logical.

I am not sure who makes the clasps, but suspect it may be Rideau of Montreal...who has the contracts for many of the modern Canadian Honours and Awards...

Cheers!

Adam

Comment

No way hozay.

Comment

Dieppe bar & Hong Kong bar

Lets hear from you, very interested on opinion.

Comment

I know exactly where these clasps were sourced from and there is no doubt that they are original issue examples (ie. from government stocks). I don't care to disclose the precise source out of respect of privacy...but they are definitely genuine and not tailor copies, or forgeries of any sort.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X