Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 1937 pattern small pack and it's contents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know much about the WWII stuff, except in a general way but I would have thought they'd be common enough if they were in fact general issue, as that would suggest tens of thousands made and issued. The white, blue rimmed ones are being made again/still by several firms so none of the ones I have are original. But then, I don't have to worry about 100 year old grems in my tea!
    I wonder if trolling ebay might work, or have you tried that?

Comment

Hi Peter, sure har, there are none wsr time dated. Unfortunatly.

Yes you are right, there must have been made thousands !

Well at least I have the green one, dated 1945 and the WD arrow. :good enough

Comment

Seems to me that dated with a Wd stamp is as good as it gets! Well done. Again, great kit! P.

Comment

I have some named Canadian items that I would like to contribute to this thread. First I have two sets of toilet rolls. The top one from a fellow in the RCAMC. It is named and numbered (H-35853) and represents a good example how individuals marked their items. This one all came together as a set. Even the silverware is numbered. The bottom set is British and I assembled it from parts. It took long time, and if i remember correctly the blue toothpaste tube was hard to find.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by brooksbz; 09-20-2015, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Now that numbered set of yours are a true beauty !

Never knew that the eating utensils could be marked too ! Only ever seen regular marks like makers mark

Great stuff.

Comment

This is a Canadian marked lightweight respirator marked to an individual named "CLELAND". There is no service number and came with the parts shown. Surprisingly the rubber is still in good shape and still pliable.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thats the 1944 model, often referred to as the Airborne model. Which isnt true, all combat units was supposed to get these, and the Airborne just got them first I read somewere.

Love the carry strap with the name on it, that is absolutely cool.

Comment

Heres my Canadian early to mid war gasmask.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The straps around the head has gone soft over the years and it is currently the seize of a horses head. But I guess the straps could be pulled tight. Just leave I think.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I believ the lesser known corollary to 'Salute it, polish it or paint it!' would have been 'Number it!' If I paid for everything I lost, including the spoon my improvident mess mate pocketed, I'd number evry item I owned, right down to shoe laces and razor blades!

Comment

Yes I guess you are right. I just havent seen it before, and most certainly not in a style like on the carry strap. Looks very pro done

Comment

I agree - done officially, probably at the unit level. Most units would have had a set of stencils, I think, for labelling kit bags, crates and footlockers. I've never seen one like this either but it's a logical thing to have happened. All my WWI repro gear is labelled with the last 3 digits of a serial number and my small box respirator has an extra dog tag on the strap, which was the practice, so I get the right one from a pile of them!

Comment

Thats amazing man, a beautiful kit

Comment

Great thread! I love the squadies kit and pers items from all the armies. Here's some New Zealand gear.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X