Kangol Stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I have replied to 2 mails from Alan, he has not replied and has now named me as the sellar on the forum. No problem!!
    He did not have the manners to say he would do this if I did not reply to his mail.
    He has asked my opinions on the beret and I have replied to him.
    He bought this from me in August 2009 and he has only now contacted to say he sold this on this site and the buyer was not willing to pay after buying.
    I understand the buyer was unhappy, I believe Alans selling price was £450, I sold as a "buy it now" on ebay price for £350.
    Alan stated to me yesterday that he was "happy" with the beret when he bought it! I have the email. He left positive feeback.
    I bought this beret in 2005 and cannot remember who I bought it from.
    I sold it as I bought it.
    I sold it with guarantee that money would be refunded if contacted within 7 days of the sale, but as stated earlier he indicated he was more than happy with the sale, leaving positive feeback, and now it seems he was more than happy to try and make a £100 profit on the deal!!.
    As he has stated I have bought from and sold to members of this site, and will continue to do so, if a member is unhappy i will always refund if in the agreed time,
    thanks.

Comment

Hi,
      In reply to post 15
      Luc knows his stuff, I have bought from him and he has bought from me.
      I cannot comment on the E stamp as I do not have the info, I do know that items dated 43 had N and Z stamps ( as other later dates 44 45 had 2 or 3 date letters), so I dont think its a "hard and fast" rule, I take the WD date letters as a guide line only.
      The beret did have an unusual lining, that has not been mentioned yet, it appears to have been made of silk rather than the normal cotton.
      However, getting off the point, what is the point!

Comment

Liam,
        Thanks for your reply. Indeed we have done business in the past and I have no complaints whatsoever.
        The point is that there are some serious questions about this beret.
        Dirk no longer wants it and it seems Alan has made a bad investment.

Given the e-stand policies Dirk can cancel a deal (or at least buy it and then send it back).

So there's still Alan's problem. He's not protected by WAF policy or your ebay return policy but I hope you both can work out a gentlemens agreement.

Please keep us posted.

Luc

Comment

Beret Price

Liam i replied to your first e mail and certainly would not reply to your second e mail because of the manner you were refering to other members of the collecting community whom i must add were not accusing you are me of anything but wanting to find if it had been tampered with.
          As for the price i paid you £350 uk pounds plus postage.I sold it for £400 uk pounds all in whcih was inclusive of all fees making a profit of approx 35 uk pounds.
          Now the issue as i said to you was around the 5 being tampered with and it isnt about your 7 day return policy on ebay or anything else.I contacted ebay today who are posting me out all the details of the origional listing.
          Yes i will go on record that i was happy with the beret until now because i accepted that it was 100% genuine and sold by a forum member with a good standing on the forum and ebay.
          I now believe that the 5 has been tampered with and that a small amount of white paint has been added to the top right of the 5 and i done this by contrasting the pic i took on my camera and as it darkend that a small straight white line remained white longer than the rest.
          Yes i am unhappy a deal fell through but that is not Dirks fault and will honour all the forum rules regarding the sale.
          Alan
          Last edited by Alan63; 11-26-2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Hi all,

I am glad this discussion has reached this level and (nearly) all parties involved. Thanks for being 'open' on this matter too

I don't want to accuse anyone on decieving on e-stand it's just: In my view - anything for sale on the E-stand has to concur to the given rules - I place my trust in people selling there and would like others to have trust in the items I sell there.

Another thing I would like to get said:

If there is anything you doubt being authentic on the e-stand, then please state that you want it discussed on the e-stand, make a thread and discuss it! In this case that did not happen on-time on e-stand which resulted in this thread, which I can imagine is quite embarrassing to the people involved. Should I have known better? Maybe yes but I prefer no as I would rather place my trust in the sellers.

Though I am a little disappointed on not getting the beret I expected. I just hope and do urge on all envolved people to reverse the deals made on this beret as far back as possible. If that works then everyone wins except the person who had other thoughts when altering the numbers... That would be worthy goal to me - thanks to this forum.

Play it by the rules and all will work out, I think being honest - in the end - really pays off in this hobby. We should combine our knowledge and our energy on fighting damn criminals; not each other !

The DJ has spoken...

Comment

Alan,
              I am sorry you are unhappy 3 months after the sale, as I stated, this was sold in good faith with conditions for a full refund, I am very unhappy you have made this public without giving me chance to answer your concerns!!!.
              If I intimated you were after a large profit I apologise.
              This forum and others like it are to help novice collectors like youself, not all opinions expressed are 100% right, but are only a guide, expertise only comes time. I have collected for 40 years, I am not an expert, I have opinions but am not always right.
              thanks.

Comment

Hi,
                As this came out of the blue, have only just noted post#10, Alan states, "I have only one other........", perhaps I should apologise again, he seems not to be a novice collector,
                how many do you have Alan??

Comment

Collection

My main area of collecting is in German Headgear items and some tunics. I started when i was much younger but gave it all up to get married and raise a family.I got back into collecting about 5 years ago and focused on German items and then my younger son took a great interest in American items and money permitting i purchased items for his collection as generally they are less expensive.
                  Last year i added some British/Commonwealth Airborne items to my collection and i was able to aquire a 1st Canadian Para beret(the one pictured) with BD.
                  That would be my lot in Airborne items.
                  Alan
                  Last edited by Alan63; 11-27-2009, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X