No announcement yet.

WW2 Raf Uniform & Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is that collectors themselves drive up the prices. Once someone pays high $$$ for an item it raises the bar and other sellers start charging a similar price, and it spirals out of control from there. We only have ourselves to blame.

There are still good deals out there, you just need to look outside of the typical sources...Online Dealers...Ebay..etc. It's become to easy to sit in the comfort of your home on a computer and click "add to cart" without actually hunting for stuff. (For me that is half the fun and why I collect great war aviation... you can buy a knights cross or a panzer tunic any day of the week without trying if you want to spend the money... on the other hand try finding a RFC maternity tunic or a leather flight jacket!) That being said I just recently picked up a interwar war RAF WWI Ace tunic and cap on Ebay for less that you paid for your visor.

At this rate it's getting to the point where only the wealthy can afford to collect militaria.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek View Post
      At this rate it's getting to the point where only the wealthy can afford to collect militaria.
      Only if you buy online after it's been through several hands I have met a few new collectors who rarely go to militaria fairs, let alone all the good car boots, junk markets etc. There is a regular fair about 12 miles from where I live and one of these new boys said 'It's a bit far!'. There are still bargains to be had, I don't get around as much as I used to but a friend of mine regularly turns up good stuff. If you put the time in you will find it.
      Lee

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X