Great Canadian group just sold on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickG View Post
    Thanks for the correction...Royal Highland and Scottish Highlander mix up...
    The auction was not totally clear on this...and these Canadian regiments can be confusing for non-Canadians...
    The RHR is still considered a Scottish Regiment if I'm not mistaken, this based on the cut of the dress tunic.
    Wish I had participated in this auction...I am a uniform collector (for the most part)
    I think the issue is being confused due to terminology. We (I was once in the regiment) refer to ourselves as a Highland regiment - re: order of dress, etc, vs. Scottish which implies nationality and that we're part of the British Army...we're definitely Canadians!

Yes the Black Watch of Canada certainly does wear highland uniforms and the tunic in this auction is a nice example of a officer's service dress cut-away.

Hope that clears things up a bit!

Cheers,

Adam

PS. Yes I think that the hammer price was probably quite reasonable for what was included. I expected it to sell for at least a bit more. The postage outside of Canada would be rather a lot...not so bad to the USA, but overseas...ouch.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X