No announcement yet.

Some of my Canadian Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From digging in regulations the silver rosette on the then "39 - 43" Star was to signify the award of the Africa Star for the Navy and RAF until the ribbon had been authorised for wear. A gilt rosette would signify the BOB bar.

Seems like his tailor didn't remove the rosette after!

Danny

Comment

Thanks Danny! I was getting worried it had been messed with, but this could mean it hasn't been.

Ritchie.

Comment

Nice collection.

Comment

Thanks

Nice items and good to see them still together.

Thanks for showing.

tubist73

Comment

I concur with all comments so far. A nice collection and, being Canadian, a pleasure to view. If you have more then please post away.

Cheers,
            Greg

Comment

Very nice!

Cheers,
              _________
              Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice BD

Not to Quibble on the details here but I am not sure that one would see a F&G star by itself??

I have seen the CVSM many times in period photos but the F&G by itself?

I know it was one of the easiest to qualify for (1 day in theater) but I always though it was not issued until well into 1945 ore even 1946.

I have only seen it without the 39-45 once but with the Victory medal and that was for a very young Zombie landed in theater in very early May 45 and never really made it to the front.

Comment

Both the ribbon for the 39 - 43 Star and Africa Star were authorised for wear in mid 1943 as mentioned in my earlier post.

The chaps who had not quailified for the 39 - 43 star but had quailified for the Africa Star by the authorisation date wore only the Africa ribbon, whilst thoughs who had quailified for the 39 - 43 Star would only wear that ribbon, if they then served in Africa they would add a silver rosette to the 39 - 43 ribbon to show the award of the Africa Star.

The France and Germany and Africa both only required 1 or more days service in that theatre.

I dunno when the CVSM ribbon was authorised.

Danny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X