A very unusual varient FS Fighting Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very unusual varient FS Fighting Knife

This is a very heavy FS Knife, its weight is just under 1lb at fifteen and a quarter ounces. What do Knife collectors and Military enthusiasts make of this very unusual pattern? Regards, Clive.
    Attached Files

Image 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Image 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Image 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Image 5
          Attached Files

Comment

Image 6 - Last
            Attached Files

Comment

IMO it looks like someone was playing with a lathe and turned out a
              home made handle.

Comment

Not for meI agree with Greg, cross guard, nut, blade........all made up by someone and sometime, could have happened last week??? Who knows??
                The only part I would go for is the scabbard.
                Regards
                Irv

Comment

looks

Possibly one of the Indian copies that have flooded the market in the last few years ..

Gary J.

Comment

I thought the 3rd pattern was designed to save on brass?

Also, doesn't it slip more easily with these longitudinal grooves? Could you stab something for comparison?

Cheers, Luc

Comment

A clue regarding the original owner of the knife and his history. Regards, Clive.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oooooh an Auxiliary Unit member!

If I remember correctly I read that the auxiliaries who were not armed with the F+S were told to equip themselves with a knife, examples include Scout/Bowie knifes and modified saw blades.

Maybe another example of this? Box of parts turned up and not enough to go around? Orrrr a privately modified one at Coleshill House?

Danny
                        HFD 202

Comment

Auxiliary Unit member! Then it is a private purchase knife most likely from Sheffield.

Comment

The original owner of this knife. S.E.Essex Auxiliary Units and commanded the following patrols : Canvey Island, Hockley, Rayleigh, Rochford and Thundersley. He is wearing the knife I posted, an image probably taken 1943-1944.
                            Attached Files

Comment

The knife, his "Stand Down" badge and photograph. It is rare to find any knives that are identified to the original owner, even more so to a member of the Aux Units. Quite possibly my favourite Regards, Clive.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X