X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAIRBAIRN SYKES 1 pattern type

FAIRBAIRN SYKES

Here pictured one First pattern fairbairn Sykes dagger

"Would like to start a new tread on his type knife. If some one have any pics of their FS knife , post it here . I will also be able to trying to Identify FS knifes you not are famlilar with or have seen before etc.

Here one 1 pattern S guard hand made first pattern.

This actual knife have been used on commandoraid SISKIN & SNOWFLAKE operation in Norway during the war. Well known Opr on the west coast of Norway.

The owner of the fs1 was in the KP LINGE . He was captured by Gestapo in feb 45 and tortured to his dead sorry.

The knife is now in my collection. His name is written on the back of the sheat too.
    Great history.

FIRST PATTERN FAIRBAIRN SYKES , S GUARD WILKINSON SWORD.

I would like very much to see pictures of your collection. I have
    always been interested in the FS knives and I have managed to
    find a couple 2nd and 3rd patterns.( nothing special, none are ecthed)

There are some members here who have some very nice FS collections.

Comment

Excellent example LH 600, even more so with the Company LINGE connection. I will be keen to see other things from you own collection. Here is one of my First Pattern FS Knives. Regards, Clive.
      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse view
        Attached Files

Comment

FS Logo close-up
          Attached Files

Comment

WS Logo close-up
            Attached Files

Comment

Now your really going to hate me...........

Was it usual for units this secretive to put their names on the the equipment they wore in the field? Would that save time in an interrogation? Dont tell them your name Pike!

The WW2 SAS field gear I've had........had no names and if there were any labels they were ripped out. Those such a s Des Thomas may disagree with me on this one, but I am only quoting materials which I know to be genuine which I have held in my hand.
              Last edited by yellow; 02-04-2008, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I generally agree with you Yellow, however there were exceptions, why I do not know. I have an example of a 2nd pattern FS that belonged to a Jedburgh Officer, he fought behind the lines in France and Burma in Force 136, he carved his full name on the front of the Sheath! I will be keen to see what LH 600 has to say about his Company LINGE FS. Regards, Clive.

Comment

Maybe the answer is your not supposed to get captured by Japanese. I can only comment on the British army.....but after they heard about what was going on in the POW camps the British Army prefered to fight to the bitter end.

In the case of foreign agents, now thats something different. One quick phone call to the local Gestapo and before you know it all your family and friends are up against a wall.

Those FS knives that I have seen that are named are post war, these being namely knives to British Commandos. A well known collector on this forum has one.

Comment

Hi Guy's,
                    Here are a few shots of mine.
                    Regar
                    Irv

These are WS 1st/2nd/ and a 3rd.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Some more
                      Attached Files

Comment

1st Patt that belonged to my ex father-in-law. RM 1937-1972
                        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                          Attached Files

Comment

Excellent collection Irv Noticed the 1st Pattern with the three inch crossguard, is this a post-war version? Regards, Clive.

Comment

1st Patt. This one I bought from the vets daughter. He was in the Guards??
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X