New Zealand camo WW II uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris,
    Yes, the museums and collection of the lower South Island have been included.
    (The survival rates are approximates and my personal view after having researched this subject for 30 years)
    It is totally plausible that at a unit level, men camouflaged their uniforms with what ever they had to hand, a paint brush and vehicle paint sounds very logical, simple and fills a need. There was a war on.
    Barry

Comment

Originally posted by nbroadarrowz View Post
      Chris,
      Yes, the museums and collection of the lower South Island have been included.
      (The survival rates are approximates and my personal view after having researched this subject for 30 years)
      It is totally plausible that at a unit level, men camouflaged their uniforms with what ever they had to hand, a paint brush and vehicle paint sounds very logical, simple and fills a need. There was a war on.
      Barry
      Thanks Barry,

the completeness of your data base does not surprise me, a job well done in more ways than one

This has also brought to mind the Imperial German "Samoan Polizeitruppe Badge" that I picked up that I mentioned to you. Do you still want me to send you some images so you can pass them on ?

Best regards,

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,
        Yes please, I would like the photos of the Samoa badge.

If anyone is interested in anymore photos or background primary source information on the NZ jungle suit then please email me. This suit is also featured on the cover of the 2NZEF Osprey title. I believe that this camouflage is the rarest mass produced camouflage of any nation of WW2.

As for the KM jacket, I like it as a war time personalised item.
        I am of the view that " crazy ..... happens in war and necessity is the mother of all inventions".

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by nbroadarrowz View Post
          Hi Chris,
          Yes please, I would like the photos of the Samoa badge.

If anyone is interested in anymore photos or background primary source information on the NZ jungle suit then please email me. This suit is also featured on the cover of the 2NZEF Osprey title. I believe that this camouflage is the rarest mass produced camouflage of any nation of WW2.

As for the KM jacket, I like it as a war time personalised item.
          I am of the view that " crazy ..... happens in war and necessity is the mother of all inventions".

Barry
          I will get the photos taken and sent asap

Dave agrees, the German jacket has potential as a vet bring back for hunting. He now wants one like it to chase the deer

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X