No announcement yet.

Airborne display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few pics of my room, yes I'm aloud to have my own!

Scott
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Congrats for that excellent display....

Comment

Please, where could I get those forms for display caps?
            Thanks!!

Comment

The Display stands are available via e bay.

Have a look here for caps -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WWII-German-Br...QQcmdZViewItem

For Helmets - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WWII-German-Br...QQcmdZViewItem

Scott

Comment

Thank you very much!!

Comment

I've been informed that polystyrene as seen on those display heads can sometimes contain formic acid which can deteriorate headdress. Be careful with the stuff!

Cheers, Luc

Comment

Either cover the polystyrene head with an air tight plastic sandwich bag, or go for the Acrylic ones like I use.

Scott

Comment

Glass heads are also very good, and quite cheap to buy.

Comment

Scott,
                        Thanks for sharing with us and also the links to the stands, I might have to get some.
                        I'm really impressed by the Airborne displays which you guys have put together.

Mark

Comment

wolf76, Edward,...Beautiful looking display, very well layed out, can I talk you out of selling one of those maroon berets?,..Gerry

Comment

MK II dated 43

Jack is right, these helmets were made in 1943. This is a def a good helmet. One way to tell, is that the early MK II , first issued to troops at the end of 1943, roughly November/December were only made in large sizes. The liner padding is also of pure foam padding. This was not a switched liner but manufactured for this exact shell in 1943. I have a dated photo of a 1CPB member at Bulford on the rifle range wearing this helmet in December 1943.

A nice helmet, so no worries.

Ken

Originally posted by wolf76 View Post
                            Thanks John, I like that one as well. Its an interesting helmet, its dated 43 but has web straps not leather, I don’t know if that’s common or not?

Comment

Hi Ken, Jack and Guy, thank you for the info. I thought it was good but I wasn’t quite sure having made the jump from German headgear to Allied headgear. I got that helmet out of Germany and I some times wonder if it was a trophy for some German solder. I’m not totally out of the German stuff but I’m more actively into Brit airborne collecting. Sorry Gerry but none of my berets are for sale, actually I’m looking for more, the only head gear I have for sale is my snow FJ helmet that is on Dave’s site.

Edward

Comment

Hello

My name is Fernando, from Spain!!!!

I like much more your collection. I collect British WW1 and WW2 militaria, US ww2, Spanish Civil War militaria and Blue Division militaria.

I have a P40 jacket that it was used by a 2º Lieutnant of the 3º Parachute Brigade. It has a pegasus insignia, textil pips, arm wing, and a red "rope" from left shoulder to left chest pocket. I can't send you photos because I don't have Digital Camera.

Sorry for my bad English.

Bye .... UN SALUDO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X