Airborne display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airborne display

This is my small Airborne display when I get a chance I will do a full mannequin of my 1st Can Para. Also I would like to thank Luc for the AAC badge and Gary for the 1st Can Para Denison!
    Regards,
    Edward
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Edward, Absolutely supperb display mate and very inspiring . I like the white walls behind really makes the denisons pop out. Not to hijak the thread but here's one little pic of my Britt- airborn corner. My display room since this pic is now under construction and redecoration but I think you have convinced me to go with light coloured walls behind the denisons.

Nice berets as well

Greg

PS:- looking for a nice airborne BD to buy or trade with german items
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Greg B; 05-14-2007, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Excellent display guys, Gary I agree the light shade background really does make them very clear

Edward if you don't mind , I'll post a pic or two of my corner later.

Thanks
          Scott

Comment

Very nice display's gents. Also looking forward to seeing your's Scott.

Mark

Comment

Hi Scott, I don’t mind at all and if any one else wants to show there’s please do!

Edward

Comment

Hi Edward,
                That display looks rather superb, glad to be of help.

Cheers, Luc

Comment

Edward,

Great looking display Love that camo cover lid! .

John

Comment

Thanks John, I like that one as well. Its an interesting helmet, its dated 43 but has web straps not leather, I don’t know if that’s common or not?

Comment

liner
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wolf76 View Post
                        ... Its an interesting helmet, its dated 43 but has web straps not leather, I don’t know if that’s common or not?
                        Hi Edward,

Interesting indeed. I looked in three of Jean Bouchery Books - "From D-Day to VE-Day The British Soldier"; "From D-Day to VE-Day "The Canadian Soldier"; & "D-Day Paratroopers - The British, The Canadians, The French", and found no reference to this type of lining. However, there are discrepancies and items missed in his books so this omission should not be considered and indicator that this lining is not legitimate. Still very cool.

John

Comment

Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wolf76 View Post
                            Thanks John, I like that one as well. Its an interesting helmet, its dated 43 but has web straps not leather, I don’t know if that’s common or not?
                            This pattern of helmet was made from 1943 (as early as February I believe) right up to the 1970s.

Jack.

Comment

They can be found with converted 41 and 42 dated liners too. These were left over from earlier production and used late in the war. I have one that was rebuilt and issued to a Polish para in 45 when he joined the Borders. Will photograph this group later today.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X