MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Revolution - British Cap Badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote: "Some collectors likely have nothing else positive in their lives and need to feel important by lording things over on less-experienced collectors. Many of these same people could do with brushing up their english grammar and spelling skills, or at least learning to spell-check their posts . But at least they are "experts," right?": End quote.

My appologies Des, but my blood boils when certain individuals (Adam) think themselves so above everyone else and wrapped up in their own self importance that they have nothing better to do than mock another individuals knowledge and ridicule their spelling ability or lack of it!

I have many good friends who are Canadian, So I must apologise to those whom I may have offended.. it was not meant in that fashon; just to throw a point back to one individual who appertains with his last comment to portray a 'better-than-thou' attitude. However.. in this day and age, we must ALL be aware of what we say, write and do, for we may inadvertantly offend where none is meant.

So, lets be careful chaps. No ememies here, just freinds helping others and passing on knowledge of various degrees.

Seph

Comment

If having one's lack of knowledge mocked causes one's blood to boil, that person may wish to consider not partaking in that very practice...

Doesn't feel as good when you're on the receiving end does it?

I'm sure you all find it impressive how well I manage to write in english.

Oh, I hear comeback school is offering summer courses this year!

A la prochaine!

Le Adam

Comment

OK Guys, I don't mind a bit of joking around, but please don't insult each other even if it is just in jest.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I was not refering to myself Ade, for I have no problem at all on here. But I do take encumbrance to others generalising about the collective comments and then mocking, showing themselves to have a lesser intelligance.

Still, I suppose that one should turn a deaf ear!

Does anyone know as to when these badges (an example of which was the subject to the start of this thread) first appeared?

Seph

Comment

Seph,

This type was first used in 1915. We had an old thread on these lapel badges sometime back, here's a link for you and any other curious parties!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=war+service

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Thank You Adam.

I had never seen one these badges previous to this thread. In fact, other than the white metal / silver .. bar type of 'On War Service' badge, seen worn by many servicemen during the early years of the war, I never realised that these existed.

Suppose that is a consequence of only researching the military front line formations!

Seph

Comment

Army Ordnance Corps

Army Ordnance Corps cap badge worn until 1919 when they became 'Royal',cheers,

Paul
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X