No announcement yet.

ss commando cap badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first, big thanks to Ade for his expertise and posting the pics for me thumbsjup just goes to show you can t always believe the authenticity of an item no matter how solid the story , i think the bloke who gave me this badge did think it was real , maybe his dad picked it up after the war after losing his original one . as i said to Ade i won t tell him its repro he s now well into his seventies so probably best to leave it , cheers guys Terry

Comment

I picked one of these up at a military show in Minnesota. As I walked
      away from the table I turned back to see the dealer reach into a bag
      full of them to replace the one I had just purchased.

Comment

Hi all,

I found this old thread through a search and noticed I have a cloth version of this badge, which someone in England gave me once. I thought you may be interested to see it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dirk, thanks for posting the insignia. Nice gift, but I think you will find it is a modern Indian made fake.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Ade,

thanks again for your reply. These "indian" reproductions look very convincing (to me as a novice on these...) anyway, I am still learning.

Comment

I recently picked this badge up from a very old collection. Is this badge correct and the same as you are posting about on this thread. It measures 2 1/4 inches high by 1 1/2 wide. Brass with standard copper wire lugs. Any idea as to rarity and value.

Last edited by 1stmotors; 04-19-2015, 08:36 PM. Reason: add dimensions

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X