Airborne items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The smock Marc b is selling is not a fake either.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade, have you examined this smock yourself/know provenance for it? 99% of it looks 100% right, material etc. but the few little details I find unusual. I've heard of 1st pattern Denisons with 2 part front and back panels, but have never seen one, and as I say the label looks very clean for something 60 years old, what do you think of this style of W.D. arrow, have you seen it on original labels before?

Comment

Not handled this one Johny, but I would certainly like to.

Marc b is a good dealer with a good reputation who will stand behind his goods 100%. I have met him on many occasions over the years and handled items he had for sale. Plus he has a very advanced collection of his own, mainly Belgian SAS items.

I have seen this style of label before, but I cannot find a pic in my files.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Ade, it's certainly and interesting one, would be very interested to see any similar labels if you do turn them up. That's the good thing with 1st pattern smocks, you get something pretty unique with each one, yet to add any to my collection though, and may have left it too late to start.

Comment

Yes Jeroen, Thanks!

Originally posted by JEROEN1944 View Post
          Do you mean this one?

Comment

I sent Marc a PM about the thread so he will probably reply himself soon.

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
            Not handled this one Johny, but I would certainly like to.

Marc b is a good dealer with a good reputation who will stand behind his goods 100%. I have met him on many occasions over the years and handled items he had for sale. Plus he has a very advanced collection of his own, mainly Belgian SAS items.

I have seen this style of label before, but I cannot find a pic in my files.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I think the smock is 100% just because something is slightly unusual does not mean it is a fake.

I happen to own a 1944 2nd Pattern Smock which is cut exactly like a 1st Pattern smock apart from the cuffs on the arms.

The smock is manufactured by P Frankenstein & Sons MC Ltd and most of the smocks i've seen of there's are made exactly the same way.

If Ade is very nice and in an Xmas mood maybe he'll post some pics for me cheers Ade.

Cheers Garth

Comment

Thats correct Garth,

Frankenstein used multi panel construction from the off and it would seem this company Hirst did also. They are not a manufacturer I am familiar with but probably only had a small contract. I understand the concerns of others re the label but suspect it is original just very clean and rather unusual. Although there is an accepted lay out for these I've seen some funny ones over the years from typed with inked in details to block printed on what appeared to be impregnated paper.

The smock it's self looks a cracker and seems to be unissued.

Yours, Guy.

PS Johnny, If you do a search here and on tommy talk you will find tons of threads dedicated to smocks and see examples of the multi panneled 1'st patterns.

Comment

Hi Garth, as it's Christmas......

Garth brought this one over to show me a couple of weeks ago. It is mint.

Cheers, Ade.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The back
                    Attached Files

Comment

Zip
                      Attached Files

Comment

Front
                        Attached Files

Comment

Last one showing the label.

cheers, Ade.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Ade,

Please enjoy the pics, And to anyone who may ask i'm sorry it's not for sale.

Cheers Garth

Comment

Can't get any more unissued than that Garth.

Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott, Ade know calls me Mr Minty for my love of mint militaria.

Cheers Garth

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X