• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

thanks for all your help!

Dirk J.

Comment

Does the original Denison shown also not have a fairly large repair on one of the lower pockets?

Comment

Looks like it does to me Des.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Ade. I was wondering if I was seeing things as no one else mentioned it.

Johnny, that repair along with the replaced tail piece, non conventional button up front and possibly replaced buttons were the issues I was referring to which would be far too many for me and most collectors

Comment

Sorry, I hadn't noticed the pocket repair, that is an issue indeed. The other stuff doesn't mean much to me, I'm sure it does to many collectors, but then some collectors have a break down if they think some piece of military equipment might have ever been actually used. Non-conventional buttons I could personally live with, replaced poppers on front I could live with or find a sollution to assuming the smock was the right price, which is what I am assuming, we arn't talking big money for this I assume? Anyone for example remember a certain well known surplus retailer selling slashed Denisons some time ago, flew out of the shop apparently so someone must have standards as low as mine.

Comment

If there is no label in the first smock it could be postwar ,the buttons instead of the zipper is a typical belgian conversion.The tail is a oversmock tail.If your on a budget and the price is about 300/350 euro,maybe.But maybe thats just me i like first patterns.Its up to you.I myself paid 200 euro for this first pattern today,couldn,t let it go for that money even if it has some isseus.The tail is gone and the cammo faded,and the cuffs were replaced.But a lovely size and i like tatty stuff.The camo looks better ,the picture is crap.The second looks a clever fake,would not touch it for that money.Good idea to check the tommy talk site for what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by jelle View Post
                If there is no label in the first smock it could be postwar ,the buttons instead of the zipper is a typical belgian conversion.

Hi Jelle, the smock we have been talking about is not a Belgian smock or conversion.

The smock Marc b is selling is not a fake either.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                  Hi Jelle, the smock we have been talking about is not a Belgian smock or conversion.

The smock Marc b is selling is not a fake either.

Cheers, Ade.
                  Agree with Ade on this as the camouflage pattern does not look like the Belgian pattern (which as far as I know looks more like printed and more rounded)

Thanks for your response anyway!

DJ

Comment

By the way, look here, it goes in 16 minutes... did you see this one?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...1049&rd=1&rd=1

Comment

Hi Dirk, we commented on this one earlier in the week. Nice smock, but the wings are the latest generation of fakes made by my friend Steve Kiddle. He sells them as fakes, but already folks are adding them to real uniforms

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Smocks

I must say the first smock pictured here looks ok to me. Replaced crotch flap and possibly frontal studs however the looped buttons to replace the half zipper was a wartime modification and I would say rarer than your standard smock. The "ape tail" missing on smocks is not such a big deal if the price is right. While it was an offence, many Glider Pilots and Glider riders cut their "ape tails"off. What woudl they need it for? The only reason they were forbidden from doing this was because the smock was to be regarded as an item of equipment that could be reused and reissued. However I have seen many photos of pilots and glider infantry with it removed. It was also removed by snipers - who were issued Denisons - from regular units. I know of a sniper smock from the Queens Own Rifles which has the tail removed. I could be wrong but the label in the early smock listed here does look a bit odd??

Ken

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                        Hi Dirk, we commented on this one earlier in the week. Nice smock, but the wings are the latest generation of fakes made by my friend Steve Kiddle. He sells them as fakes, but already folks are adding them to real uniforms

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I agree with you Ken its a war-time modification the buttonsmock.
                          On a other forum they believe its a postwar Belgium modification. Its a fact that a lot of denisons were used by the Belgium army after the war, and maybe made some modifications on it.
                          I wish i had a picture from a smock being used during the war, but i haven`t.
                          If anybody has on
                          Also i must say i dont like the label from the first model i see on page 1, it looks odd.

Jeroen

Comment

Hi Guys, we have discussed these button front smocks before. They are all 1945 John Gordon made items. No ABL markings or anything like that present. However, button front Belgian made smocks do exsist, but this is not one of them.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Does anyone have a photo/scan of one of the fake denison labels that were being sold by a Canadian seller on eBay a few years ago? I actually bought one for reference purposes but can't seem to find it now. The seller seems to have done a good business but abruptly stopped selling them?

Comment

Do you mean this one?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X