Unknown British Medal...Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tgn View Post
    Thanks for searching this out, but I do not think this is my guy. This fellow spent his whole life in the chair-making industry. My guy was for sure working at the British General Consulate in Germany (what city, I do not know) in 1938 when he saved someone's life. Also, from what I read about the Corps of Commissionaires, this fellow was probably a soldier during WW1. I recieved an email from someone who was familiar with this medal group from years ago, and he disclosed that Mr. Hagen was Irish. Maybe that will help to identify him...Tom
    G'da Tom

The Corp still exist in Australia, Canada and England. I had a look at each web site and there is nothing about awards, but they may not advertise it until your in.
    Why not give the British Corp an e-mail? They may have a Nominal Roll of past members and be able to supply you with the answers you want. You can find find them at this link: http://www.the-corps.co.uk/

Regards;

Johnsy

Comment

I had some luck on the "DocumentsOnline" site. I found the WW1 Victory Medal card for William J. Hagen. He served as a private in the Army Service Corps, Regiment No. M2/201905 from 1914-1920. I think this is my guy...Tom

Comment

Sounds promising Tom, it fits the limited profile you have. I had a few thought about this and was wondering how a Private might end up in the British Consul. After looking at the UK site it struck me, he was probably employed at the Consulate as security, as this is one of the main employment oppurtunities they offer. They also offer work in foreign countries doing this line of work, so I think the threads of this story are coming together. "All" you need to do now is locate what city he was working in, in Germany, and you should have a fairly complete history.
        I would still drop the Corp (UK) a line mate, they may have a history section with Nominal Rolls and employment records. It is worth a shot. I for one would be interested in the history of such an unique group, so please keep us posted.

Regards;

Johnsy

Comment

Will do Johnsy. I am determined to get the whole story on this. I think you are correct about working security at the British Consulate...Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X