No announcement yet.

Canadian Medals - "Modern" Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scan of the medal. Doesn't show the nice detail very well at all.
    Attached Files

Comment

The best part. This one like the Police Exemplary Services Medal is attributed (as should all Exemplary Medals) to J. COUTURE. The following images taken off the Canadian Honours Website.

1. He was from Burlington, Ontario (not sure if deceased, but this medal came from his estate so I would probably say yes).
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Lastly a couple of pictures of the engraving on the bottom rim of the medal.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting the police & fire LSMs. How easy are these to come by in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Farrell View Post
                Thanks for posting the police & fire LSMs. How easy are these to come by in Canada?
                Hi Tony. Not very easy. At least you don't see them hardly at all on e-bay.

There are various sites that sell the reproductions, but they are NOT named and are of noticeably poor quality.

Comment

Do you have an example of the Corrections issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Farrell View Post
                    Do you have an example of the Corrections issue?
                    Tony, no I don't. Still looking though. Here is what they are supposed to look like:
                    Attached Files

Comment

8. The Commemorative Medal for the 125<SUP>th</SUP> Anniversary of Confederation, 1992<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
                      <!--fontc--><!--/fontc--><!--fonto:Calibri-->
                      <!--/fonto-->
                      <!--fonto:Calibri--><!--/fonto--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc--><!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo-->Part of the 125<SUP>th</SUP> Anniversary of Confederation program "Canada 125", this medal is based upon the 1967 Centennial Medal. It was formally established on 7 May 1992.<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--fontc-->
                      <!--/fontc-->

<!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Calibri--><!--/fonto-->The medal was awarded to people who made a significant contribution to the wellbeing of their fellow citizens, their community or to Canada. Recipients were selected by a variety of government officials, including elected politicians.<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Calibri--><!--/fonto-->The medal was issued in a blue cardboard box with the Royal Arms of Canada and the dates 1867-1992 stamped on the lid. <!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->

<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--fonto:Calibri--><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo-->It is projected that 50,000 would be presented, but only 42,000 were issued due to problems with the program's administration and a lack of nominations.<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
                      <!--fontc-->
                      <!--/fontc-->
                      Obverse:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Award Box Outside:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Award Box Inside:
                            Attached Files

Comment

One case that I saw happen for the 125 was the col I was working for at the time received a letter and inside were three of them, One was him and the other two it was up to him to had out as he saw fit.

The Col was a wise man and gave one to the longest serving member 34 years and one the the shortest time member 1.5 years odd but fair in one way. He tried to give his back as he did not think he deserved it in any way but it was way too much paper work and not good for ones career

Comment

The QJM is a nice one, but handing it out was a real farce wasnt it?

In the UK, everybody in the Forces, or other services got one if i recall correct yet in Canada they "computer generated" a list for the CF and it was generated from longest in rank as I recall. That way you could end up being 5 years in your rank, say you were newly promoted on merit to a higher rank and the guy who actually got one was the Cpl who was happily refusing every CLC course and had 15 years in Rank. I, like alot of others got over it quick......I do however like our system of awarding medals in Canada, as compared to some other countries who have a medal for everything that get mixed in the fruit bowl with the important ones.

Regards,

Pete

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X