GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a problem with Dropbox photo hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a problem with Dropbox photo hosting?

Folks,

I tried to post some photos recently using Dropbox. None of them appeared.

I have read the thread on this forum "**How To Attach Images To Your Post**" but as far as I can see the file size and pixel limits don't apply because these are not uploaded images. They are merely hyperlinks.

The post in question is http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...24&postcount=9

Anyone know if there is some specific problem with Dropbox?

thanks

Richard

Dropbox - a re-test

Folks,

before anyone suggests the photos were too big, I have just re-sized them to 1200 x 900 pixels max. And then tried to post them again. Same result again - the text is fine - no photos. And no warnings or error messages whatsoever.

Here is a sample photo posting:

Richard

Comment

You must have the wrong url or something. When I found the url to the image you are trying to post it showed this. Not sure what to say to help, I have never used DropBox before so I am unfamiliar with it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the trial and comment ralfsnart. In the meantime, I moved the photos to Photbucket and that worked fine.

With Dropbox, you are given the link - just as you are with Photobucket - so the chances of my getting all the Dropbox links wrong is near zero.

The fact that you managed to get the Dropbox page up shows that my URL was not wrong. The page is empty because I moved the photos to Photobucket instead.

I've just put four photos back in Dropbox for testing purposes. This is the URL for one of them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3dguep6e4...itch_small.jpg

If I now enclose that with the IMG tag, we get

I'll post this and see what the result is.

Richard

Comment

You don't need to use a url. Use the manage attachment function. Hit search and open up Dropbox. Double click on on the photo you want. Hit the upload/attach button in the manage attachment box.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X