Das Boot - German TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panzer-G-man View Post
    Maybe im easily pleased,i thought Fury was great.Im really enjoying Das Boot,so much so,that i bought "Steel ship,Iron hearts" last night to read a bit more about U boats.The sub scenes are brilliant,resistance is so so,but overall i look forward to each new episode.
    Fury was a great film! One of my favourite war films!

I'm looking forward to binge watching Das Boot

Nick

Comment

I fully understand that a series has to entertain and appeal for many different groups. That's all fine. I did not expect to see the 1982 "Das Boot" again. My wife and I are enjoy Art House movie more than anything and have a very open mind towards a lot of things, BUT yesterday during episode 4 she (she's Mexican!) refused to watch more. The whole series became more and more ridiculous. All characters we see are "freaks" as she wonderfully put it. Every 5 minutes there's a reference to minority groups, drug abuse, Germans raping and murdering, violence against civilians, gays, lesbians, every 5 to 10 minutes. Noone is "normal" in this series and that's plainly too much to watch. The plot is weak, everything extremely biased, predictable and some of the acting and photography is just plain bad and all in all very boring.

I watched a 4-episode program on Italian gardens with my wife on Netflix last week and I found that waaaayyy more entertaining, seriously.

Cheers!
      Markus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X