Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das Boot - German TV Series

Hi,

Does anyone know when the new tv series of Das Boot starts as I was aware it started on the 23rd November, this year and I cannot find any information when it’s being shown in the UK as I do know it’s on the Sky Atlantic channel?

Neil

Hi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqdeCkMvb9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfAKqByDEts

See You

Vince

Comment

Hello,

I don't want to add any spoilers for those who have not seen it, but on my side, it was a total disappointment. It was so bad that I ended up fast forwarding the last 3 episodes. It would be interesting to hear what others thought about it.

Thanks.

Comment

Yay..Das Boot starts on the 6th Feb at 9pm in the UK

Neil

Comment

Yep, Wednesday at 9 pm on Sky Atlantic . Sunday Times gives it "pick of the week".
          Set 9 months after the first films time frame, different model of U boat and an inexperienced captain...
          We will see...

Comment

All 8 episodes are on hdonline.

Fell asleep half way through episode 3, it's very disappointing.

Comment

There's good and bad in there but overall various storylines spin out into pure fantasy land along with an added dash of obligatory PC rubbish.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Not bad, quite good overall. Excellent casting and acting, but the resistance storyline was too ponderous for me and took up far too much time ( I found myself fast forwarding through a fair bit of that ) , but the U boat storyline was decent , but sadly took up far less of the series. Interesting ending, so will watch series 2.

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
                  Not bad, quite good overall. Excellent casting and acting, but the resistance storyline was too ponderous for me and took up far too much time ( I found myself fast forwarding through a fair bit of that ) , but the U boat storyline was decent , but sadly took up far less of the series. Interesting ending, so will watch series 2.
                  Hard to argue with your assessment. The resistance storyline in my opinion just slowed down the entire plot and all things considered the whole film project was a wasted opportunity.

Will I watch the next series? probably yes as it is a WWII Period drama after all and it is still better than some reality TV show (or Fury).

Just my 2p.

Regards Richard.
                  Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

I’m on episode 5. I’d pretty much agree. Not enough U-Boat, the resistance stuff has every stereo type going and drags on to entertain the modern audience.

I think Das Boot was a war film for men, this series seems to want to be for a mixed audience and the resistance romance relationship aimed at women.
                    Might not be a pc way to say it but that’s how I see it.

What really makes me shake my head and inwardly groan is the modern dialogue by the American actress. Vocabulary not used ten years ago let alone seventy five. Not her fault, poor writing.

Comment

Oh yes and the actor who plays Tennstedt is very good.

Comment

Had it been called anything other than 'Das Boot', I would probably have said it was sort of OK (bar the stupid lesbo stuff that came out of nowhere..), but the name raised an expectation that the series simply couldn't live up to.
                        Same as 'Dunkirk' really (or Baz Luhrman's movie 'Australia' for that matter..).
                        Now I wonder if Saving Private Ryan had been called 'D-day', if that would have ruined it too....

Comment

Maybe im easily pleased,i thought Fury was great.Im really enjoying Das Boot,so much so,that i bought "Steel ship,Iron hearts" last night to read a bit more about U boats.The sub scenes are brilliant,resistance is so so,but overall i look forward to each new episode.

Comment

das boot serie

today first part on dutch tv on npo2

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer-G-man View Post
                              Maybe im easily pleased,i thought Fury was great.Im really enjoying Das Boot,so much so,that i bought "Steel ship,Iron hearts" last night to read a bit more about U boats.The sub scenes are brilliant,resistance is so so,but overall i look forward to each new episode.
                              I think that with Fury one must (if old enough) recall the many war comic books that we grew up with and just watch it as if you were watching a comic book. I find Brad Pitt's characters in both Basterds and Fury to be similar if not almost the same. And very annoying. Still it is a ww2 movie and it has a REAL Tiger tank in it. A lot to like.
                              Das Boot (1981) cannot be improved upon but I will watch the new version at some point I am sure.
                              Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X