X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter_Suciu
    I believe there is a demo on Fileplanet.com

PS
    Was just over at Fileplanet looking for the BiA demo, and saw an addon for Unreal Tournament 2004 called Red Orchestra. It's a WW2 mod. Has anyone played it?

No luck on FP for the demo, only patches, trailers, movie of the E3 demo and the digital purchase version.

There's gotta be one!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R
      Was just over at Fileplanet looking for the BiA demo, and saw an addon for Unreal Tournament 2004 called Red Orchestra. It's a WW2 mod. Has anyone played it?

No luck on FP for the demo, only patches, trailers, movie of the E3 demo and the digital purchase version.

There's gotta be one!

Mark,

"Red orchestra" is simply brilliant. I'd actually bought "UT2004" just to play this mod.

It is simply my favourite WW2 FPS of the moment.

Be warned however that it does have an unforgiving, and harsh learning curve.

The latest update (3.2) has added a great deal to the game, and removed many of the irritating gameplay issues (the grenades having the killing power of a small yield nuclear device in particular).

I cannot recommend the game enough!

Give it a try,

Patrick.

PS. if you decide to give it a whirl, you will need the latest UT2004 patch, which is 3355 if i recall.

Comment

I have just bought BIA and i must say i am quite disapointed with it.
        The 'people' modeling in H/L 2 is the best i have seen, realistic animation and 'solid' looking. The characters in BIA look very 'flat', like cardboard cut-outs, and the tanks are just bad, really bad.
        After 'Far Cry', also by UBISOFT, i was expecting much better.

I agree with Patrick, Red Orchestra is outstanding but as he said the learning curve is pretty steep.
        I got my copy of UT2004 on ebay, super-cheap. Download RO and the patch and prepare to die, many times.....
        Then there is Day of Defeat source, the H/L 2 mod on it's way, or COD 2 mentioned by Peter.
        I appreciate it is easy to slag-off a game. After all the effort the programmers went to i do feel a little guilty but with the technology that is avaliable i was expecting better.

Steve.

Comment

Just so you know what myself and Steve are talking about, here are some shots from the latest revision of "Red orchestra".

A new level added for this release is " StalingradKessel" which is a work of art.

Here we have a Soviet sniper stalking his way through the ruined factories...
          Attached Files

Comment

One swift relocate later....
            Attached Files

Comment

A new addition is the MG42.

If it's on your side you will love the supression it brings...if you're on the receiving end however, you'll learn to fear and hate it.

Note the gloves on the soldat setting it up on the window frame.
              Attached Files

Comment

Target aquired!You also get to play with tanks and halftracks on certain maps too. A full crew is required to get the things to function as they should.

Patrick.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick
                  Target aquired!You also get to play with tanks and halftracks on certain maps too. A full crew is required to get the things to function as they should.

Patrick.
                  Hmm,

Looks like UT2004 may be a purchase. The gfx in Red Orchestra look brilliant.

Are you guys playing v3.2 which was released last week? (Edit: Just re-read your post and can see that you are.)

I've also stayed away from HL2 until DoD: Source came out. Maybe this year something will take place of CoD!!!

Right, UT2004, here I come!

Mark.
                  Last edited by Mark R; 04-03-2005, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Hmm,

Looks like UT2004 may be a purchase. The gfx look brilliant.

I've also stayed away from HL2 until DoD: Source came out. Maybe this year something will take place of CoD!!!
                    I found it to be a pretty game with no substance, but I personally hate the UT interface.

Not WWII, but the new Eve of Destruction mod for BF: Vietnam is fantastic, and I do like the OPK mod as well. Those both are very good.

Comment

We WWII gamers are a strange breed aren't we? Once I finish BIA on all levels I'll have look into these others you guys are mentioning. Call me old fashioned (by 1 or 2 years) but I still think EA's BF42 is the best WWII mulitplayer I've played. I spent some time with COD multiplayer but it just never seemed right to me.

Hey, at least we have some good choices out there.

Comment

Hmm,

Looks like UT2004 may be a purchase. The gfx in Red Orchestra look brilliant.

Are you guys playing v3.2 which was released last week? (Edit: Just re-read your post and can see that you are.)

Right, UT2004, here I come!

Mark.

mark,

try it out, i'm sure you will like it. If you manage to find a server with a group that understands the concept of teamwork, you will not find a WW2 FPS with anything like the pull or tactics of "RO".

I have to warn people again it is incredibly hard to begin with, especially if you are expecting the standard gameplay of "CoD".

But i do love it......

PS. how can you not love a game that allows you to fix bayonets!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Patrick Dempsey; 04-04-2005, 02:42 PM. Reason: Added pic...

Comment

Last one for the interested.

A view through the German scope from the above street.

Generally you can only have one sniper per team, per level.

(thankfully)

patrick.
                          Attached Files

Comment

i Usually play Day of Defeat, that game rocks, still waiting for the DoD :S to come out, but those pictures of R.O simply amazes me .

So, what do i need to get to play that game ASAP!!!!!!

Regards

Daniel

Comment

i still say Day of Defeat is the best WWII multiplayer game there is...but NOT because of the graphics. For me it's all about the gameplay and the community. I will, however, be investigating UT:RO...although I did try WWII mod that I thought was UT:RO but it couldn't have been....I don't own UT:RO....hmmmm...what are the system specs recommended?

Comment

Originally posted by D.Sagatowski
                                i Usually play Day of Defeat, that game rocks, still waiting for the DoD :S to come out, but those pictures of R.O simply amazes me .

So, what do i need to get to play that game ASAP!!!!!!

Regards

Daniel

Daniel,

you will need a copy of "UT2004" with the latest patch 3355. You can then download "RO" version 3.2 .

And then the pain can begin!

Smak

Recommended specs for games in my experience are simply enough to allow the game to just about run......what have you got system wise?

I think a Gig of RAM will help all potential players of the mod by the way. Also some lag issues have been reported after the update....i expect some further tweaking over the coming months from the developers.

I'm using a Radeon 9800pro too.

Patrick.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X