Has someone played Brother in Arms ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has someone played Brother in Arms ?

I was wondering if one of you guys had already played "Brothers in Arms", I know there are some hard time gamers in this forum.

Thanks
    Steven

I picked it up the xbox the day it was released. I think it is an amzing game! Some of the missions are hard, you really have to stoip and think about strategy.

Comment

Is it similar to Call of Duty or is there more involved?

Comment

BIA some people love it some people hate it...Im on day 2 of pc version....very linear in design, not at all like Call of Duty..much smaller in attack scale...main objective you control squad a fire unit and attack unit, you then encounter then flank-repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat till next mission then more the same..I still enjoy it though its different

Comment

I've actually played it on PS2, Xbox and PC. I haven't finished it on any of them but I wanted to compare the differences. I have since given the PS2 version to my brother-in-law and he enjoys it and I'll probably give my father the Xbox version (he's 60 and still loves these games)...and keep the PC for myself.

I enjoy it but I agree it is very linear in scope. I am most disappointed by the small scale multiplayer. This could have been a great four-on-four or eight-on-eight multiplayer, but instead is limited to two-on-two.

Comment

I enjoy it but I agree it is very linear in scope.
            This always seems to be a problem with games based on movies and TV shows.

Comment

Originally posted by DP Jennings
              This always seems to be a problem with games based on movies and TV shows.
              This isn't based on a movie or TV show! It is however, based on history and that is pretty linear I suppose.

Comment

Hi Steven,

I have the game and I really enjoy it. Yes it is similiar to the other WWII shooters but if you like first person shooters with the ability to be a squad leader you will like it. The Germans speak German and do react to you as does members of your own squad. The Germans as well as your squad are "smart" and do things on their own when required to do so. What I mean is you don't always have to babysit them when in combat.

I recommend it!

Thanks,
                Mike

Comment

I like it too. It is different than COD but good too. I would say, more realistic.

Comment

I would say it is the best of this genre. But I tend not to like this genre all too much. As someone put it, it is a very scripted and linear game. At least the AI is reasonably intelligent and the main character isn't too much of an overpowerful Rambo.

As far as WW2 sims are concerned, Il2 Sturmovik, Silent Hunter, and the Combat Mission games kick this game's a$$, but for first-person shooters, I can't think of a better one than Brothers in Arms.

Comment

Thanks to your revue I bought it and I love it, I still play COD because of the multiplayer but this is an whole other level. reminded me a bit of Operaton Flashpoint.

Thanks for your comments.

PS : if some of you wanna try the multiplayer of BIA, we could try to set it up, should not be to difficult with a max of 4 players....

Comment

Does anyone know if a PC version demo is available to download? Thanks.

Comment

Have tried the MP, but that helped me decide not to buy it.

If they bring out an update with more players in the MP, I may well get it.

Maybe too much CoD has blinkered me whan it comes to online WW2 shooters now!

Peter, there's been romours of a demo since last December, but I've still not found it! If I do, I'll post back.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Peter B
                            Does anyone know if a PC version demo is available to download? Thanks.
                            I believe there is a demo on Fileplanet.com

PS

Comment

Thanks Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X