X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions about the Kurtz book.

Hi,
    my questions are...
    1. Any items in there which are possible post war?
    2. The Pleuger and Voss badge is said to be the rarest.Anybody got one out there?!
    Regards and thanks in anticipation.

Most Luftwaffe badge collectors consider "Pfleuger and Voss" badges to be fakes. I'd like to hear all opinions though

Comment

Dan,

Are you asking about everything in the book, or mainly the Pleuger and Voss badge? The contributors did a very good job of showing authentic militaria.

The jump smocks and gear (gloves, pads, and boots) are all authentic. There is some headgear I have have problems with, such as the subdued Luftwaffe decal, but that has already been discussed here on the Forum.

It's a good book.
      Regards,
      John
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Of course there are some small things which are probably postwar and some which are questionable. New information on items is always something all open minded collectors encourage, so once something is in print we learn new fatcs. But, compared to many other books.....the Luftwaffe Angolia series and some stuff out of Europe......

Somehow Dan, based on your prior comments, I think you are not here to do anything but to "stir it up"....so, why don't you begin? Most of us will be away for a few days.....

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Subdued eagles

..regarding subdued eagles....was the final concensus that they were definately war-time produced but probably never war-time applied ?

Regards

Steve

Comment

Thanks for your comments.I did think the vast vast % of stuff in there was top drawer.I was only interested in the P and V badge as the book claimed it was the rarest.Would be very interested in opinions on authenticity.(No ulterior motive Mr Comet.For the record me and PK have shook hands).

Comment

Hi,
              As a collector I can say that Pfleuger & Voss never made any flightbadges and maybe no badges at all IMO.
              I've seen fake badges as the Observerbadge and the Luft ground assault tank badge that both had the Pfleuger & Voss mark on it.

Jos.

Comment

I think the concenses now is the subdued Luft. decals are post-war fantasy...rightly so in my opinion..
                The new Schiffer helmet book has a couple of subdued decaled paras in it..Vol II pg. 258 and 259, pg. 29 and 30. I think from here on out your going to see a decline of these pictured in reference books...

Comment

Hi Steve,

Yes, you are correct...the consesus is that the decals were wartime produced but not wartime applied to FJ helmets. Many of us discussed this issue at the Max. Those FJ helmets seem to have all come from the same 3 sources..all 3 were present at the Max. The green decal is very rare.........you find 1 per every 20 standard white ones. One look at one on it's original paper make it rather obvious they are wartime. Someone (we know who) found a whole sheet of these green ones. Collectors who have collected since the early 60's have seen these decals for a good 30 years or so. If reproduction, they would certainly not be rare to encounter.

Willi
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

If made during WWII why wouldn't they be applied? Especially so simple of a process to apply. What would have kept something like a decal from being applied? Especially since a whole sheet supposedly has turned up? I think it overwhelmingly points to post-war maufacture.
                    Last edited by Perry Floyd; 09-30-2002, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X