No announcement yet.

Darkest Hour... anybody seen it yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

movie is in theaters next week in Belgium, think it is very good after seeing the trailers and your comments and it reflex the English spirit in those very difficult times

greetings Frank

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it, gets very good reviews...fine cast, even Stannis Baratheon (Stephen Dillane !)...

Comment

Hi,

Plenty of award nominations coming in for the movie and cast members at the moment, justly deserved!

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

I'm going on Saturday.

Based on my recent disappointment vis a vis 'DUNKIRK' I will go with an open mind and no expectations!

I shall back brief upon my return!

Comment

Book was good.

Comment

An excellent film

Oldman was so utterly convincing you feel you are actually watching the real Churchill all through the film

Credit also to the fine acting from the rest of the cast

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Woolgar View Post
                Oldman was so utterly convincing you feel you are actually watching the real Churchill all through the film
                I completely agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Woolgar View Post
                  An excellent film

Credit also to the fine acting from the rest of the cast

Nick
                  Just back from watching it tonight. Enjoyed it very much. A few little concerns over historical accuracy, the tube scene was a little far fetched, but i don't think it distracted from the overall experience.

I actually just had shivers thinking how much different the world would be now if it had not been for WSC and the appeasers had got their way !

I am always distracted when watching films in the cinema, I am looking forward to watching it at home in the week

Well done Gary, you did him proud

Comment

saw the movie yesterday and it was very good , fantastic play by Oldman as Churchill , next week i am going to see it again

Comment

I saw this film last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Having visited "The Churchill War Rooms" at Whitehall a few years ago, this film really made those underground facilities and corridors come alive for me, and I found the behind-the-scenes British politics most informative. I'm sure I'll see it again, and perhaps add it to my DVD library.

Br. James

Comment

Seen the movie last night. I gives you a real insight to political BS that influences policy and power plays that go on behind closed doors. It also paints a very grim picture of the fate of Britain at the beginning of WW2. I liked it...however its not a movie i would watch over and over....one and done.

Comment

Grim situation

After the evacuation of Dunkirk the only "field ready" Division in England was Canadian.It is easy to criticize the appeasers however contextualize the scenario and military readiness of the period vis a vis what we have to protect ourselves making peace would seem logical. The problem of course was Hitler's complete inability to keep his word. Morality rarely enters politics !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                            Bloody loved it.
                            Couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

Good film shows the real Chuchill but i think why did the King not take power in such desprate times.

Comment

Originally posted by ironcross13 View Post
                                Good film shows the real Chuchill but i think why did the King not take power in such desprate times.
                                Have you heard of the English Civil War perhaps ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X