Was the German army on drugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djpool View Post
    The US military still prescribes them to troops in the field to stay alert. I haven't heard of any problems. Jim
    Where are you getting this? Aside from caffeine, I saw no drug issuance during any of my combat deployments. We actually conducted regular urinalysis due to the prevelance of marijuana and opium in the region and those who failed were promptly shipped out for legal processing.

There were even steroid tests when there was reason to believe they were being used

Comment

Originally posted by Brig View Post
      Where are you getting this? Aside from caffeine, I saw no drug issuance during any of my combat deployments. We actually conducted regular urinalysis due to the prevelance of marijuana and opium in the region and those who failed were promptly shipped out for legal processing.

There were even steroid tests when there was reason to believe they were being used
      Mostly an Air Force thing. I believe Dextro amphetamines were phased out in 2017.

In the United States military, modafinil has been approved for use on certain Air Force missions, and it is being investigated for other uses. As of November 2012, modafinil is the only drug approved by the Air Force as a "go pill" for fatigue management. The use of dextroamphetamine (a.k.a., Dexedrine) is no longer approved.

Modafinil is safer and non addictive compared to amphetamines. It's easy enough to research. Jim
      Jim

Comment

Here's an early abstract document on the test trials for the drug

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15460629/

Moldafanil is a Class 4 controlled substance vs Dextroamphetamines which are a Class 2 controlled substance. It's definitely a lot safer but can still cause some pretty wicked side effects.
        Last edited by djpool; 12-05-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
          Here is a typical listing:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/SELTEN-Pervi...AlH4:rk:3:pf:0

You'll note that the adhesive label on this common fake is in Spanish, not German.
          I'm reposting the picture of the first fake Pervitin sold on eBay.de.

Please notice that eBay previously removed the item... But that the seller still imply that what is for sale is original.

See You

Vince
          Attached Files

Comment

Ultra ugly and low quality pictures...
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
              The most common technique for faking Pervitin is to take a glass test tube and stick a label saying "Pervitin" on it. Here is an example of that kind of chicanery, which so far has attracted 11 foolish bids:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/PERVITIN-WK2...BBCr:rk:2:pf:0
              Again, the pictures... Please notice the (ugly) laser printed sticker, and the "honesty" of the seller ("keine Garantie und Rücknahme"), almost implying that this is fake.

See You

Vince
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

A few shows on this topic. Has anyone seen commentary from German Vets?

Comment

In regards to comments from German vets, I have interviewed hundreds, not one time did any of them speak about being drugged just to fight. Some mentioned taking extra caffeine in either chocolate or pill form mixed with vitamins, LW crews were issued special tablets to stay alert on long missions, but most soldiers I interviewed would have killed for a drug like Pervitin to stay awake and alert.

The common denominator was that any drug taken was solely to keep alert during critical times, was heavily controlled by the medical staff, and the men watched how often they used stimulants because the next day they felt ran through the ringer. We know the symptoms today as a "crash" after consuming a few Jolts or Red Bulls.

Most Germans told me that due to lessons learned in the first war, the military put a lot of focus on healthy eating and vitamins to keep the troops fit and alert. Unlike WW1 when many troops were underfed and in poor health due to diet.

Comment

Here's a new twist: Somebody took an old corrugated cardboard box and stuck a ridiculously fake paper label on it. Looks like somebody did an off-line "buy it now" transaction. Poor fool. Notice the scammer "ccgchopper" couldn't even be bothered to correct the underline in "Wehrmacht_Packung" to a hyphen before they glued it onto the box.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Pervitin-Sch....m43663.l44720

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X