Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen-SS Camouflage Uniforms by Lorenzo Silvestri

Hi there,
    Have you heard anything on this book or author? Is it worth of buying? Or should I go straight and buy Michael Beaver's "Camouflage Uniforms of the Waffen-SS: A Photographic Reference"?
    I am looking for some reference for my scale modeling hobby.
    Regards,

Originally posted by zurek View Post
    Hi there,
    Have you heard anything on this book or author? Is it worth of buying? Or should I go straight and buy Michael Beaver's "Camouflage Uniforms of the Waffen-SS: A Photographic Reference"?
    I am looking for some reference for my scale modeling hobby.
    Regards,
    Author was just expelled here...

Have not seen his book yet, but you cant be wrong with the Beaver books.

Comment

Zurek, I do not believe the book you are referring to is even out yet. According to Schiffer pub. site it isn't released until next month.

Comment

Gran Sasso - thank you for information.

David - I know. I was just wondering, if there are any previews or opinions on the author, because it looks like his first publications.

Comment

I have seen some sample pages and it looks pretty good.
          Mainly the book consists of full page photos showing a mannequin dressed up with camo uniforms, head gear, field equipment, etc. And then some more close up photos with captions. I will post a link to the sample pages soon.

Comment

Sample pages for the two books can bee seen here.

W-SS Camo Vol. 1
            http://www.rzm.com/books/schiffer/sch0658.cfm

W-SS Camo Vol. 2
            http://www.rzm.com/books/schiffer/sch0665.cfm

Comment

I just looked sample padges look good..
              What do you guys think of the book any one got it

Comment

The books are still not available yet.
                Both volumes will be released mid to late April 2016.

Comment

Waffen-SS Camouflage

I personally know the author, the publisher and I can assure you that they are two exceptional books. I saw only a few pages, but knowing the author's preparation, I am sure of the result.

Waffen

Comment

Another faker and fake pusher turned author. Do they teach this at the Fake academy, as part of faking TR101. It seems a great many fakers follow this route and some even produce great books. Shame about the author's lack of integrity. How the publishers stick with them is beyond me, their names and reputations are in the sewer. J

Comment

For all the fans out there that has missed this. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...te=1&p=7346757

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                        Another faker and fake pusher turned author. Do they teach this at the Fake academy, as part of faking TR101. It seems a great many fakers follow this route and some even produce great books. Shame about the author's lack of integrity. How the publishers stick with them is beyond me, their names and reputations are in the sewer. J
                        I do not think the Schiffer are crazy, publishing the book of an author on a subject so difficult and complicated.

Waffen

Comment

Hi,

just to be sure that no one forgot the next turd, in which a faker pushed many fake rings (including the one on front cover) !

http://www.schifferbooks.com/the-ss-...berg-3791.html

Never forget

See You

Vince

Comment

Hi,

a lot of collectors from Italy seemed to support Lorenzo, even if his integrity is currently in jeopardy.
                            I hope that national pride will not avoid us to know finally the truth...

See You

Vince
                            Last edited by FrenchVolunteer; 04-14-2016, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Hi,

i strongly advice the purchase of the tetralogy of books released by Mr. Beaver.

Half a dozen of friends bought the books after my advice, and even if a few fakes are listed, those books are still amazing.

In the past it was easy to buy them on Amazon.com and have them sent to France, none of my friends ever had to pay customs with Amazon orders.

I remember getting a BIG bag with the three main books (i bought the camo one earlier in Paris).

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X