No announcement yet.

Waffen-SS Camouflage Uniforms by Lorenzo Silvestri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received my copies today. Have not had a chance to sit down and go cover to cover in the 2 large volumes but I can already say from the quick flip through ...this is now "THE" book on Waffen-SS camo!

High quality images of the colors and patterns, quality reproductions of the period photos, awesome period photos ...most of which appear to be unpublished. There are some period shots in color! These books also have probably the nicest book cover and dust jacket I have seen on a book.

Whether you just have a passing interest in camo, are an SS camo collector, artist or model builder I would highly recommend this book.

Comment

The pics look nice. Does it add anything more to what we know about SS uniforms from the Beaver series?

Comment

The design of the hard cover is kind of cool, with a stiff clear plastic dust jacket which can be removed to reveal only a cover showing the WSS camo pattern.
        Attached Files

Comment

Got the books!
          On Book 1 are pictured 45 smocks, each take 4/5 pages or more, with well showed the key construction details necessary to determine the originality.
          There are some nice VT patterns still unpublished and the knowed patterns examinated in the many variants.
          Very interesting also the mannequin pictures for the interested in the subject.

Originally posted by djpool View Post
          The pics look nice. Does it add anything more to what we know about SS uniforms from the Beaver series?

Comment

Originally posted by David T View Post
            Just received my copies today. Have not had a chance to sit down and go cover to cover in the 2 large volumes but I can already say from the quick flip through ...this is now "THE" book on Waffen-SS camo!

High quality images of the colors and patterns, quality reproductions of the period photos, awesome period photos ...most of which appear to be unpublished. There are some period shots in color! These books also have probably the nicest book cover and dust jacket I have seen on a book.

Whether you just have a passing interest in camo, are an SS camo collector, artist or model builder I would highly recommend this book.
            But can you tell us if the helmet covers are real? and other items..

I don't think any SS camo collector would want a book with fake items mixed in

Comment

Originally posted by ironcross13 View Post
              But can you tell us if the helmet covers are real? and other items..

I don't think any SS camo collector would want a book with fake items mixed in
              Absolutely the bottom line question for this reference. The last thing the hobby needs right now is a book with pretty pictures and spurious information serving to authenticate fraudulent items.

Comment

Yes, off course but also try to push and support this theory only because someone has published books on SS Camouflage before somebody else who is working on books on the same theme......is Well know that this is the real problem behind all this mess .
                Cover with noble intents what noble It isnt.
                Reading the various threads is pretty clear. ..

=sszza2;7393662]Absolutely the bottom line question for this reference. The last thing the hobby needs right now is a book with pretty pictures and spurious information serving to authenticate fraudulent items.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I can't comment on the books since I haven't seen them yet.

With that said, in regard to the Waffen SS portrait used on the cover of Volume 2, Lorenzo did not obtain permission from the owner of this photograph for him to use it.

How many other privately owned photographs did Lorenzo use without getting consent from the owners?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Book

I'm waiting for my copy, to be able to read and evaluate.

Waffen

Comment

Book

I'm waiting for my copy, to be able to read and evaluate.

Waffen

Comment

I received the first book as a gift at Christmas, it's a very pretty book....well designed sleeve...nice, as I do not have the knowledge nor experience I could not begin to say if any items were fakes, it is a huge book & very interesting etc.....I thought there were far too many photos of the same subject matter ,slight overkill on that score, would I buy the other three books this guy has put out ?...I'm not sure...I would really like to see a 100 % impartial review of the other books beforehand so I didn't feel as if I was feeding an alleged faker/ cheat.

Comment

Because of the authors history here, I still hessitate to buy the books.
                          A review from Kammo man would be top!

Comment

A really good, informative and well presented book.

Jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X