New digitally restored Triumph of the Will to be released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
    Thanks so is it worth £22 or should i watch it online?

Comment

Originally posted by ironcross13 View Post
      Thanks so is it worth £22 or should i watch it online?
      I don't know, all the reviews are of the old version.

Comment

Unfortunately it appears this new release is marred by the use of descriptive 'explanatory' text that cannot be disabled. Discussed here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topi...blu-ray/page-6

Comment

Well after wading through six pages of arguments it seems that the actual film quality is excellent, but it is ruined by stupid 'informative' misspelt subtitles. One to cross off my list I'm afraid.

Comment

It appears so many people are complaining about the needless non-removable captions and logos that perhaps a Blu-Ray version without the distractions will be released--I hope so!
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
              It appears so many people are complaining about the needless non-removable captions and logos that perhaps a Blu-Ray version without the distractions will be released--I hope so!
              Erich
              It is like the new edition of Mein Kampf in Germany - they cant release anything without an idiots guide in the form of subtitles or notes in the margins/'explanatory' notes. Do the authorities really think that the whole TR era is still that seductive that we need to be warned in some way...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                Unfortunately it appears this new release is marred by the use of descriptive 'explanatory' text that cannot be disabled. Discussed here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topi...blu-ray/page-6
                That is disappointing. I was going to order this but not in a version with forced 'ID texts' appearing across the screen. I think this is a really obnoxious move by the manufacturers of this restored version.

Comment

To me, the picture quality well outshines my DVD version. And the periodic captions don't phase me one bit. I'm still very happy with my purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Nische View Post
                    To me, the picture quality well outshines my DVD version. And the periodic captions don't phase me one bit. I'm still very happy with my purchase.
                    I've just treated myself to a 65" OLED/5.1 system and a 4K Blu ray so now looking at building up a film library. Does anyone have any screenshots of these 'captions' pse? Or just some screen shots of the various scenes to show the quality?

Comment

The Special Edition "Triumph of the Will" by Synapse Films and the Deluxe Remastered Edition "Victory of Faith" (Der Sieg des Glaubens) by IHF are both very clear and well done DVDs. IHF has a large selection of period TR films.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X