• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New digitally restored Triumph of the Will to be released

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topi...ll-in-blu-ray/

- - -

Brilliant!

I remember seeing it on C4 in the early 80s, the first time that it had been seen since the war. I was totally blown away. I would love to see it at the cinema.

Comment

According to Amazon, they have done a HD, 2K transfer and will be available, in the US, on December 8th.

Any thoughts on how good this transfer will be?
      Attached Files

Comment

Super!!!!!!

Comment

Nice, there are already good copies of Hans Westmar, and Hitler Jugend Quex out on YouTube. Hopefully someday technology will allow for color and HD enhancements to these films so they will look like they were made yesterday.

Comment

I hope that someone will put out a digital remaster of Eva Braun's films in the US National Archives.

Comment

Back in the 80's there was a vhs tape on the home movies with nice English commentary. Does anyone have a copy or know where to find it again?

Comment

wait.I can not understand something.How can they made a so old film HD and in some cases they can not????

Comment

Has anyone bought the new Blu-ray version?

Comment

Hi,

Still have DVD copies of "Triumph Of The Will", "Victory Of Faith", "Olympia" (on two DVD's) and several other TR period movies.
                    My concern is, after all these years will an "HD" conversion be worth it?
                    These films are at best "grainy" and I believe that very little can be done to improve these films.
                    Have also watched "Hans Westermar" etc on YouTube, and have found the experience to be very poor.
                    Have watched many TR period films over the years, while HD transfers are to be welcomed, why bother?
                    These movies will be watched by a minority audience, maybe a few thousand - and apart from "Triumph Of The Will" will be overlooked by mopst cinema going audiences.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

You are right - doubt that a blu - ray version will be better than those discs already out. Watching "Triumph of the Will" is at least a better use of time than watching the HistoryChannel.

Comment

So I bought the new Blu-ray version through Amazon and received it on the 24th. (my little Christmas present to myself). In preparation, I watched my former DVD version one week earlier for something to compare the quality to.

Let me say that I am very impressed as the remaster was much clearer; not only the video transfer, but also subtitles are cleaner / more defined to the eye. I also was happy that Amazon lowered the price just prior to Christmas.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Nische; 12-26-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

The back of the Blu-ray
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by feldpost 58 View Post
                            Hi,

Still have DVD copies of "Triumph Of The Will", "Victory Of Faith", "Olympia" (on two DVD's) and several other TR period movies.
                            My concern is, after all these years will an "HD" conversion be worth it?
                            These films are at best "grainy" and I believe that very little can be done to improve these films.
                            Have also watched "Hans Westermar" etc on YouTube, and have found the experience to be very poor.
                            Have watched many TR period films over the years, while HD transfers are to be welcomed, why bother?
                            These movies will be watched by a minority audience, maybe a few thousand - and apart from "Triumph Of The Will" will be overlooked by mopst cinema going audiences.

Best wishes,

John.
                            Hi
                            Where can i pick up copies of these in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by ironcross13 View Post
                              Hi
                              Where can i pick up copies of these in the UK?
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A23YESN4HOKWSK

£22.00 Blu ray

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X