Reference books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyD
    Does anyone know if the Luftschutz Polizei and the Fire Police are featured in this book?

Also,has anyone from the UK ordered a book from Bender before,if so,how long does it take to arrive?

Kind regards,
    Andy
    Dear Andy

The series is structured so we give the background to the Police in Volume 1 and generally set the scene, and then go on to cover each individual branch of the police in the following volumes. So in the 700+ pages of the first book we have an introdction, coverage of the origins of the various forces up to the end of WW1, a long look at the Weimar Republic and then separate chronologies of the history of the police during the Third Reich and the evolution of their uniforms and insignia during that period. That way we mention branches such as the Luftschutzpolizei and Fire Brigades/Police, but do not actually go into them in detail: that will follow in Volumes 2, 3 or even 4. Exceptions to this rule are the HIPO and LAPO, as they are included in this first volume as they fit there chronologically.

If you are particularly interested in the Luftschutzpolizei and Fire Brigades/Police, then you will find a number of useful sources listed in our 26-page bibliography. At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, I would recommend Andreas Linhardt's "Feuerwehr im Luftschutz 1926-1945" (check him out at http://andreas-linhardt.de) and Bolko Hartmann's "Deutsche Feuewehruniformen und Helme" (Verlag W. Kohlhammer, 1984).

As far as order/delivery times to the UK from Bender are concerned, I know Roger will do his best but suggest you contact him direct (his email address appears elsewhere on this thread). Roger has been incredibly helpful and supportive of this project and it has benefitted a great deal from his skills and talent.

I do hope you like our work and will show no mercy in coming back with comments, criticisms and especially additions, so we can share these with all in future volumes in the series.

All the best for 2005

Hugh

Comment

Books!

Hi Hugh

Waiting for the book to be available!

Question is when other volumes will come out?

Thanks

PaulV

Comment

I got a message today from Bender and it read that mine will be shipped out at the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul V
          Hi Hugh

Waiting for the book to be available!

Question is when other volumes will come out?

Thanks

PaulV
          Dear Paul

That's a tough one and it all depends on the combined efforts of yours truly, Jack Angolia and Roger Bender.

I'd like to think we can get one out every 12 months, but that's just my thought.

Hugh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X