No announcement yet.

"FURY" [upcoming WW2 tank warfare film]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the risk of sounding like a snobbish jerk, and I'm certain I will to many who read this, I find it... depressing, I guess is the right word, that there are 824 posts in a thread dealing with a movie, whereas a solidly-researched and well-published book garners far, far, far fewer responses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ssUivM-eM

Respectfully,
    ~ Mike

Comment

Seriously, if you want to watch an excellent WW2 period film and haven't already seen it, watch Talvisota ( The Winter War ) from 1989. It's about the grossly outnumbered and out equip Finns valiantly taking on the endless Soviet horde in 1939. I will 100% guarantee that it's a gazillion times better than any pathetic Hollywood made tripe ! See link below:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3qol47

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
        At the risk of sounding like a snobbish jerk, and I'm certain I will to many who read this, I find it... depressing, I guess is the right word, that there are 824 posts in a thread dealing with a movie, whereas a solidly-researched and well-published book garners far, far, far fewer responses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ssUivM-eM

Respectfully,
        ~ Mike
        What do you expect its a movie not a book & not a bad one at that

Comment

I first watched it 18 months or so ago when it first came out and was dissapointed

Perhaps there was too much talk and anticipation beforehand

Picked a cheap Blu Ray copy up from Feebay and watched it last night at home via the home cinema set up

I quite enjoyed it this time, although the ending still lets it down enormously but second time around didn't seem so silly

I think its quite a thought provoking film and portrays the horror's of war well

The tankers must have had horrendous experiences.

My grandfather was an Anti-Tank gunner so must have seen some **** as it were

Comment

Well sure, Tim, it's much easier and maybe more entertaining to watch rather than read. Far less taxing on the attention span, too.

~ MIke

Comment

Thanks Mike, i agree with your comments by the way, just some expect too much from Hollywood as far as realism goes. I have watched it a couple more times and it gets better each time, the Sherman crew scenes are great and yes the ending is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
                Thanks Mike, i agree with your comments by the way, just some expect too much from Hollywood as far as realism goes. I have watched it a couple more times and it gets better each time, the Sherman crew scenes are great and yes the ending is dumb.
                Yes I intend to watch it again

Its a shame they ruined what would be a quite acceptable film with such a silly ending

Its a same they couldn't make an alternate ending

What the hell got into them !

Comment

I bought the DVD and have watched it several times. I have decided it is a great war film, just not realistic - sort of like Patton and John Wayne's Alamo. . I got to see Tiger 131 and the Easy 8 Sherman at Bovington and it made it even better to have that connection.

Don

Comment

Really not sure what the script writers were thinking from the point where 'Fury' ran over the mine. Quite honestly they ruined what was quite a decent and watchable film up to that point.

A great deal of effort had been put into the uniforms, the tanks themselves, vehicles and equipment, only to let the film descend into a hollywood fiasco in the final battle scenes, when up to that point it had been worth a watch.

A real wasted opportunity IMO.

Regards Richard.
                    Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X