Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds excellent Remy, really looking forward to this title

Comment

Sounds great! I'll definitely be buying it.

Comment

Good news! The book is now at the printers. If all goes well we should have this new title in stock just before the end of December.

Comment

I have set up a Facebook page for PK Cameraman No. 1 Panzerjäager in The West 1944. This webpage will be a great way for me to post additional information, photos and videos related to the subject. We will wait until the book has received world wide distribution first before posting the "then and now" photos and also additional research material we collected and used to help write the essay and captions.

Like us on Facebook to keep the conversation going on this fascinating topic.
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/PK-Ca...1981362?ref=hl

Comment

Looking forward Remy!

I truly hope for - and from what I see it appears to be - high quality photo reproductions. Since, and as you know I was one of the early adapters of your 'Arnheim' book, this actually could have been even better. Here the quality of the printing left somehow to be desired; a bit too granular if that is the correct phrase for it.

Just a critical though happy customer.

F.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
              Good news! The book is now at the printers. If all goes well we should have this new title in stock just before the end of December.
              If so, will it be available at the SOS ? Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                If so, will it be available at the SOS ? Tom
                Yes Tom it will be available in time to make it's debut at the SOS show.
                Be sure to stop by the tables of either Lance Frickensmith owner of World War Two Books or Jack Hatter owner of Volume Control. Both of them will have it for sale.

Comment

Earlier this week I received an advance copy of the book. I'm blown away with the quality of the printing and binding. We should have the entire shipment in stock by Jan. 1, 2014.

Here's a few photos to showoff the deta

Comment

Last edited by Remy Spezzano; 12-25-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

As with our previous book "Kampfraum Arnheim" we kept the large 12 inch square format the same with a few minor tweaks here and there.

Last edited by Remy Spezzano; 12-25-2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Military writer Douglas Nash had a fun time researching and writing the captions for this book.
                        Whether you're a novice or an expert, each caption is packed with interesting information which compliments the photo.
                        And for a quick reference guide we also list the Date, Location, Photographer, and Film Negative Number.

Comment

I am so happy with the Kampfraum Arnheim, this book is an automatic must have!

Kevin

Comment

This title is now in stock in North America. It will be available in the UK and Europe Feb. 2014.

Comment

Got my copy today from Amazon and very much look forward to getting home and giving it a once over, photo quality is second to none!

Kevin
                              Last edited by WEISNER; 02-13-2014, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Mine arrived yesterday and I read through it last night. Sorry to say, but I was a bit disappointed. Due to the title of the series, I assumed that this was going to be a collection of photographs, with a much broader scope, covering a particular cameraman's visions of each theatre of operations in which he was involved.
                                Although all the photos are by the same PK photographer Kurth, the book is not really about him or his photos. Instead it covers a very short time frame, possibly only a day or so, in which he photographed 2 or 3 Kompanien of a Panzerjaeger Battallion. This large format book is great when the contents demand it, as in Kampfraum Arnheim, but it felt like many of the photos were presented in the larger format simply to fill the space. Although quite a few of the photos are quite sharp, many are not of the quality that require such a detailed view. Also have to admit that, for me, the spreading of one image across a 2 page spread is annoying and detracts from the value of the image. There is some nice external photos of Marder IIIs and it certainly has some great uniform studies.
                                That being said, this is a fine example of how much research is required to produce even a relatively small volume such as this. It really is quite a nice narrative that accompanies the photos without too much repetition and with only a few inconsequential technical mistakes.
                                I have quite a few RZM titles and have always found the overall quality of the production to be consistently high. I just think that this book should've been titled 'A Snapshot of Pz.Jg.Abt. 19(L) in Eeklo, Belgium 1944 by PK Cameraman Kurth'.

Allan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X