Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PK CAMERAMAN No. 1 Panzerjäger in the West 1944

Hello Everyone,

Today I am happy to announce my next RZM photo book which will be released in November of this year. I will post some sample pages soon on this thread. In the meantime here is the promotional text and the cover image.

PK CAMERAMAN, is a unique in-depth photographic study of the German Wehrmacht (Armed Forces) during World War Two. Professionally photographed by German war correspondents of the Propaganda Kompanie (PK).

Presented in extra-large 12 inch square format with full page and double page spreads. This unique photo book series offers the enthusiast an up close and personal look into the military life of the German serviceman during the war years.

The subject for the first volume showcases several rolls of film taken in late February 1944 in and around the towns of Eeklo and Zedelgem, Belgium, where Panzerjäger-Abteilung 19 (L) was to undergo the final stages of its preparation for combat. The army photographer, Kriegsberichter (war correspondent) Kurth, from Propaganda Kompanie 698 (PK 698), was able to capture the soldiers and vehicles of 1., 2. and 3. (Fla) Kompanien during a normal duty day. The men carry out the usual activities associated with training that soldiers today would still find familiar: morning formation, preparation of vehicles, movement along local roads through towns and the countryside, and the trip back to garrison, as well as several lighter moments where the men of the battalion pose for photographs.

PK CAMERAMAN No. 1 Panzerjäger in the West 1944
    Language(s): English text
    Format: Hardcover, extra large size, 12" x 12"
    Pages: 96 pages
    Photos: 62 wartime photos
    Maps: 1 full page, highly detailed, military map
    Publisher: RZM Publishing
    ISBN:
    978-0974838960
    Item No. RZM BK-015
    Price: $49.95

Attached Files
    Last edited by Daniel Griffin; 10-14-2013, 10:39 PM.

Looks interesting and something I would love to own

Comment

Remy looks good, any update on the Kovel book ?

Comment

Once this new book goes off to the printer we will be moving forward with the Kovel book. We're going to try and get it done by the end of the year. It's going to be a beauty of a book with some incredible photos and excellent text by author Douglas Nash.

Comment

Remy,

VERY much looking forward to this title! Large format, high-quality reproduction of archive material is hard to come by.... very excited to get my hands on this title! I know this edition will be on par with the other superb RZM offerings.

Cheers,
          Astarr

Comment

Sounds like an interesting book!
            http://griffinmilitaria.com/

sigpic

Comment

Sample page 1

Last edited by Remy Spezzano; 10-14-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Sample page 2

Last edited by Remy Spezzano; 10-14-2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Sample page 3

Last edited by Remy Spezzano; 10-14-2013, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Sample page 4

Comment

Sample page 5

Comment

Great looking book Remy, its what I have come to expect from RZM !!!, now about that Kovel book......any update ?
                        I have it on my Christmas List for purchase!!

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I enjoy producing these photo books and it's been a real pleasure to work together with many enthusiasts who also have a keen interest in the subject matter.

As for the Kovel 1944 book. Now that we have the first edition of PK Cameraman behind us we will begin working on this new project. Just knowing how long it takes to produce a book of this size it will still be another 6 months before it will be ready to send to the printer. So most likely the release date will be May 2014.

Once we have the details worked out and a cover design I will start a new thread in this forum for the book. This way I can post regular updates and share some teaser photos. We have some really amazing images showing both Army and Waffen-SS troops during the fighting and also some nice armor photos. I'm really looking forward to putting this new book together. Doug Nash will be the author for all the text and captions and he has done some excellent research which will detail the battle from start to finish.

Comment

Will the Kovel book be primarily a photo book like Platz der Leibstandarte, or will it be a detailed battle history like Hell's Gate? I love both books, I was just curious. Thanks.

Comment

Klaus, it will be a photo book like "Platz der Leibstandarte" but most likely presented in the new 12" square format I used for "Kampfraum Arnheim" and now again for the PK Cameraman series. This format allows me more room so I can make really nice photos bigger on the page and still have plenty of room for detailed captions. We have right now about 300 photos of which I will say 90% have never been published before. And the other 10% which have been published have totally incorrect captions and this will of course be corrected in the new book.
                              So it will be something to really look forward to owning.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X