GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Translating Felix Steiner's "Die Armee der Geächteten"- "The Army of the Outlaws"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translating Felix Steiner's "Die Armee der Geächteten"- "The Army of the Outlaws"

In addition to the other publishing work I have in progress I've taken on the English translation of Felix Steiner's book "Die Armee der Geächteten" first published in 1963 which will include new photographs.
    Attached Files

Look forward to it, Thanks...

Comment

I'll take 3 copies. Is any notice list, publisher info, etc available ??

Hopefully it will be hardbound.

What is the other work in progress ??

Mark

Comment

Wonderful news! I second Mark's questions about the publisher???

Comment

The other work I've been authoring is 'Helicopter Night Warfare in Vietnam: Lighting Bugs, Fireflies and Night Hawks.' The title will hopefully offer everyone a view into the night fighting capability we enjoy today extending into Search & Rescue and Law Enforcement that was birthed in darkness over skies of Vietnam.

Im working the rights and if successful in that regard am already looking towards Hausser. The quality will be there Mark.

Comment

That's great news! Now, we also need translations of Lothar Rendulic's and Hermann Balck's memoirs as well.

Comment

Steiner

Looking forward to getting it.

Comment

publishing date?

when shall we expect it to be available?
                I am very interested.
                thanks,
                MF

Comment

The translation will be done within a month. The proposed publishing date will be determined after proofreading and formatting. Steiner was a descriptive writer. Thankfully his works arent dry.

Comment

"Waffen-SS im Einsatz" would be a bit surperficial by today's standards. I assume the Hausser book mentioned is the expanded "Soldaten wie andre Auch" though it has a considerable number of errors. Translating FHA and other orders/directives into English while maintaining the German needed terminology (units titles, ranks, etc) should be an undertaking.

But no reply as to who will actually publish Steiner's book ??

Even without a publisher you could sell the translation on CD or print copies from same. I'd take 3 copies regardless.

Comment

Will certainly look forward to this put me down for one !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X