No announcement yet.

Heer Strap & Board book - finally done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to be sure about all this 'Amazon.com' stuff, so I just got off the phone with the publisher. This is what I was told:

Although Amazon has advertised other Schiffer 'LTD' books since that policy went into effect, they have never actually ordered or sold them, and Schiffer won't be selling our book to them either.

(Not all Schiffer books are 'LTD' - the Minimum Advertised Price Policy only applies to those that are.)

Comment

Hi Dave,

I know that the intent is to allow smaller booksellers to compete against the Amazons of the world. Keeps the playing field level but might mean higher prices for the consumer. I support the intent but I'm not so sure what the customer reactions will be. Anyway its a must have book for me. Jim

Originally posted by Dave Suter View Post
      I wanted to be sure about all this 'Amazon.com' stuff, so I just got off the phone with the publisher. This is what I was told:

Although Amazon has advertised other Schiffer 'LTD' books since that policy went into effect, they have never actually ordered or sold them, and Schiffer won't be selling our book to them either.

(Not all Schiffer books are 'LTD' - the Minimum Advertised Price Policy only applies to those that are.)

Comment

Just found some more information regarding Amazon.com. This is a direct quote from a press release made by a Schiffer CEO regarding compliance with their minimum pricing policy as it relates to Amazon:

As I write this, Amazon has all the forthcoming Schiffer LTD titles listed at 37% off. It has not adhered to the policy and Schiffer doesn’t ship the books to Amazon; neither do the wholesalers. Amazon apparently lists the books and then, when it receives orders, declares them unavailable.

Comment

Over the past several days I have been in contact with both Amazon and Schiffer and have confirmed with both that Amazon will not be selling any new copies of the book.

Now they have finally listed it as 'Temporarily Out of Stock' - however the 'Temporary' ain't temporary......

Comment

I just received my copy today and could not put it down until I reviewed it, cover to cover. It is worth every penny!! I cannot wait to see the next book!

I think that this IS the most comprehensive book on Heer shoulder boards and waffenfarbe out today.

Also, I completely appreciate the thorough coverage of the various beamte boards and nebenfarbe.

This book is a "must have".

Are there plans to cover the other branches? I surely hope so, as such a series would totally revolutionalize the hobby.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X