New biography: LSSAH - SS-Brigadeführer and Swords holder Theodor "Teddy" Wisch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toronto_Matt View Post
    doh but just saw it ships in 4-6 weeks. Is amazon the best place to order from?
    Yes, I saw that as well. Don't know why honestly.

Schiffer already ship, but the price is higher.

Probably some kind of period Schiffer reserve for themselves
    to sell the very first copies at retail price.

Comment

The 4-6 weeks thing is standard for Amazon when they have ordered a book, but are awaiting their copies to arrive. If it is a re-order, it often is 2-3 weeks. The Amazon listing could change any day now. When it does, I'll certainly order a copy from them (or perhaps B&N).

Comment

Amazon originally advised that it would ship in the middle of
        June, but then revised their estimate and shipped after about a week or so. I just got it yesterday.

My congratulations to Markus. Well written, detailed, with amazing photos of personalities and award documents. Well worth the very reasonable price, and a great addition to my library.
        "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
        -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Werner View Post
          Amazon originally advised that it would ship in the middle of
          June, but then revised their estimate and shipped after about a week or so. I just got it yesterday.

My congratulations to Markus. Well written, detailed, with amazing photos of personalities and award documents. Well worth the very reasonable price, and a great addition to my library.

Thank you Chris for your kind words and I'm glad you liked the book!

Believe it or not, but on a German Forum someone wrote that the price
          was too much! I think it's USD 16 + shipping on Amazon.

There's about EUR 100k in documents alone in the book, not calculating
          travel costs, nerves, etc. It can save you thousand if you are a document
          collector in order to avoid mistakes. A wound badge cost about EUR 25+
          nowadays and USD 16 for a history and reference book is too much?!

But enough of that, I'm very, very pleased that the book find so much
          acceptance and is well received by the reader who appreciate a good
          book!

Cheers,
          Markus

Comment

Markus

I have just received my copy of your book.

Congratulations on producing such a wonderful and informative book. Can only concur with what some of the others members have already said! It is a very nice title that fills a gap in the history of the LAH. There are also some very interesting pictures that include a few of the well known LAH personnel as well as a few of the lesser known.

Once again a great effort and keep up the good work of documenting the history of the LAH.

Thanks
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jazza View Post
              Markus

I have just received my copy of your book.

Congratulations on producing such a wonderful and informative book. Can only concur with what some of the others members have already said! It is a very nice title that fills a gap in the history of the LAH. There are also some very interesting pictures that include a few of the well known LAH personnel as well as a few of the lesser known.

Once again a great effort and keep up the good work of documenting the history of the LAH.

Thanks
              Jim

Thanks a lot Jim and I'm glad you liked it as well.

Every time a reader posts or writes me a review, I hold me breath...

I'm happy to see that the book fills a gap and that it's useful somehow
              to the interested readers. That was my motivation all along. Forgotten
              are the long nights, the hours looking up a minorr detail such as a
              promotion date, etc and all in English. A big thanks again to Mark C. Yerger
              who helped out and made me stay on track and not put it all 'on hold'
              for an undefined period of time....

Cheers,

Markus

Comment

Dear readers,

I'd appreciate your review/comments good or bad on amazon.com as well...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Markus

Comment

Hi Markus,

Just received your book and I really liked it a lot.Great contribution,well written with eye for details.Simply ...job well done

Etienne

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                    Hi Markus,

Just received your book and I really liked it a lot.Great contribution,well written with eye for details.Simply ...job well done

Etienne

Thanks Etienne,

I am glad the book reached you well and you liked it. Thank you again for your help in writing it. Every piece of information helped and I did receive only very, very little help (with the exception of Mark C. Yerger and my wife) from others.

Markus

Comment

Letter of appreciation from Rudolf von Ribbentrop

I feel very fortunate to have received the following letter of appreciation from former Hauptsturmführer and Ritterkreuzträger der Waffen-SS Rudolf von Ribbentrop today:

QTE

June 25, 2012

Dear comrade Lippl,

Thank you very much for sending me the biography of our former commander "Teddy" Wisch.

He was of course known to me although I had little to do with him directly since I was transferred to the “Hitlerjugend” Division in the summer of 1943.

Of course, many memories have been reawakened by your book. In a few days on July 12, the famous tank battle of Prochorowka will have its anniversary and will trigger feelings of gratitude once again to have survived this battle alive.

Your successful biography will trigger the same feeling in many comrades.

Once again I thank you very much for sending me the biography and I wish you personally all the best conceivable.

(written by hand...)

In closeness,

Yours,

Rudolf von Ribbentrop

QTE

Cheers,

Markus
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by markus; 06-28-2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

That is really wonderful that von Ribbentrop sent you that letter! I can only imagine the memories he still has of the war. My Grandfather never survived the war, so it is always fascinating for me to see these veterans in their 80's or 90's with all those memories. It seems like such a long time ago when reading about the war, or seeing black and white photographs. It feels at times as if it where many ages ago. However, reading letters like that reminds one how recent all of this history really is. I became interested in WWII history because of the memory of my grandfather, someone I never knew, that seemed to have lived in another world, so far removed from anything that I am. But hearing my father's stories of living in Germany as a child during the war, or reading these letters from veterans, really brings me a connection to my past, and my family. It is really wonderful.

Comment

Hi Markus,

Congratulations to publish your great book! I have ordered your book at Amazon.com and will get it soon. Let me put any comments as soon as received and read it.

Comment

Originally posted by tobe View Post
                            Hi Markus,

Congratulations to publish your great book! I have ordered your book at Amazon.com and will get it soon. Let me put any comments as soon as received and read it.
                            Tobe!

Nice to hear from you. It's been a while.

You could have ordered one from me directly my friend. I've got one copy still unsold here at home! (About 20 minutes drive from your place!)

If you can still cancel the Amazon order we can meet next week and you'll get your copy much faster!

Anyways, many thanks for your order and I hope you'll like it!

Cheers,

Markus

Comment

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your kind offer. It's on the way to my home now but please do not worry about it because your book price is fortunately not so big expense for me.
                              In any case, let's meet and talk again. My family will go back to home country next month so I can show you my small collection at home. Please let me send PM when the time has come.

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,

Toshio

Originally posted by markus View Post
                              Tobe!

Nice to hear from you. It's been a while.

You could have ordered one from me directly my friend. I've got one copy still unsold here at home! (About 20 minutes drive from your place!)

If you can still cancel the Amazon order we can meet next week and you'll get your copy much faster!

Anyways, many thanks for your order and I hope you'll like it!

Cheers,

Markus

Comment

Alright, let's do that. Drop me a PM then...

Gruss,
                                Markus

Originally posted by tobe View Post
                                Hi Markus,

Thank you for your kind offer. It's on the way to my home now but please do not worry about it because your book price is fortunately not so big expense for me.
                                In any case, let's meet and talk again. My family will go back to home country next month so I can show you my small collection at home. Please let me send PM when the time has come.

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,

Toshio

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X