New biography: LSSAH - SS-Brigadeführer and Swords holder Theodor "Teddy" Wisch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Changed your mind about a Kindle version?

I agree with John P. Moore - it would be a good idea.

Yes, might be a good idea, but only as a plus for traveling etc.

My wife and I fill bookshelf after bookshelf and it's becoming a concern, hence maybe one or another book I'd order only as an eBook, while others I will always want to have as a printed version, no matter what. I enjoy my books more than my collection by the way.

So, eBook "yes," but only as an additional "light" option. Not to replace printed books, no.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcRikmenspoel View Post
      Yes, Helion is preparing e-book versions. I've been told that an e-book of my co-authored For Rex & For Belgium is in the works.

Meanwhile, I have also seen Markus' book listed on Amazon. It was supposed to to be formatted similarly to Mark Yerger's Weidinger and Krag biographies. Those had green covers, while this one has a black cover, but otherwise, it does look like the covers, at least, followed the same template.

I'm not ordering it yet, but I'll be getting a copy when it comes out

Hi Marc,

Yes, the format will probably be very similar to Mark's books, even though I have not even received the final correction sheets and can not really tell. Even the cover can still be for promotional purposes only. I recall seeing that with Trang's and Fischer's "Leibstandarte Dictionnaire" at the beginning of this year and then again, I also would like to change 1-2 things on the cover still....

The bio is similar in some aspects to Mark's fabulous books, but definitely different, especially due to the first person account the old vets share with me on Theo Wisch. Im very greatful to them and especially my old buddy HStuf. Hans Bernhard, who wrote the foreword for the book.

Cheers,
      Markus
      Attached Files
      Last edited by markus; 12-25-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

If you are interested at all in the LSSAH, YOU NEED TO GET THIS BOOK! My copy just came today, and I'm very impressed with the well-researched and presented information. As Markus stated earlier in this thread, many of the photos have never before been published, and it's a treat to see so much of Markus's Wisch document collection in one place.

Markus, "you done good," as we say around here!

Best,
        Greg
        sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
        www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Walden View Post
          If you are interested at all in the LSSAH, YOU NEED TO GET THIS BOOK! My copy just came today, and I'm very impressed with the well-researched and presented information. As Markus stated earlier in this thread, many of the photos have never before been published, and it's a treat to see so much of Markus's Wisch document collection in one place.

Markus, "you done good," as we say around here!

Best,
          Greg

Hi Greg!

You totally surprised me with your posting and email !

I even don't have my own copy yet....!

I'm glad and relieved you liked it and hopefully others will as well.

Cheers,
          Markus

Comment

Mine was shipped by Amazon a couple of days ago. Hopefully I'll get it soon!

Comment

I just received it today in the mail. I'm truly impressed in what an excellent work it is! I'm starting to read it now...

Comment

Watching the mail for my copy

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus Richter View Post
                  I just received it today in the mail. I'm truly impressed in what an excellent work it is! I'm starting to read it now...
                  I hope you are still impressed after reading it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
                    Watching the mail for my copy
                    Me too!

And I'm the author.....

I'll probably be the last one to hold it in hands....

Comment

A big thanks to Greg for helping me out with some bigger scans of the front-and back covers for better illustration.

My own books are still on the way..........
                      Attached Files

Comment

...and the back.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well Yesterday I got mi signed copy of this great book, love the format, the content is magnificent and more over the photos within are superb, great chronological order, shows the life at the front, definitely a must have book!!!

especially love the documents contained described in it a superb master piece

Markus congratulations on that superb work !!!

Love the forward in the book!!!!

Comment

Thanks for stopping by yesterday afternoon Jaime.

The book looks even better than I had imagined! I couldn't believe my eyes when my wife opened it and I saw that its completely in hi-res colour!

All of my other first 10 copies shipped out now to veterans who helped make the book. They understandably enjoy top priority.

More copies are do to arrive within 2-3 weeks I assume.

Markus

Comment

Just ordered my copy!

Comment

doh but just saw it ships in 4-6 weeks. Is amazon the best place to order from?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X