No announcement yet.

New biography: LSSAH - SS-Brigadeführer and Swords holder Theodor "Teddy" Wisch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New biography: LSSAH - SS-Brigadeführer and Swords holder Theodor "Teddy" Wisch

Dear collectors and historians

I am proud to announce after more than 10 years of research and two years of direct work on the manuscript, my biography on

SS-Brigadeführer Theodor Wisch
    Kommandeur, 1.SS-Panzer Division “Leibstandarte”

Knight’s Cross with Oakleaves and Swords

and
    German Cross in Gold

is currently with Schiffer Publishing for a release this year.

The biography examines the life of Waffen-SS General and Swords to the Knight's Cross holder Theodor Wisch in previously unpublished detail. A member of the "Leibstandarte" from its 1933 creation to the end of the war, he led some of its most famous combat elements. Wisch eventually commanded the "Leibstandarte" as successor to Josef "Sepp" Dietrich.

Rising through the ranks with the formation, he became a full General in 1944 and was among the most decorated officers of the Waffen-SS. The text includes accounts of the combats resulting in Wisch's awards, as well as details and photos of many "Leibstandarte" personnel relative to Wisch's career. Previously unknown insights from former soldiers, family members, and historians detail significant aspects of Wisch's life. More than 80 mostly unpublished illustrations, to include many of Wisch's surviving award documents, add a visual account to his military career and life. Foreword by former "Leibstandarte" Ia (1.Generalstabsoffizier), Hauptsturmführer d.R. Hans Bernhard.

I will keep you posted on details of the publishing date as they become available.

ml
    Attached Files
    Last edited by markus; 04-25-2011, 10:15 PM.

Brillant news...

Comment

Excellent news. I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one.

Comment

Good luck with this, I'll certainly buy a copy.

Comment

Thank you Markus.
          I looked your fantastic work,and waiting for the book.

Comment

Markus,

I am proud of your hard-work and dedication my friend. I can't wait to read this one!

John

Comment

Any estimate how big a book one can expect? I.e. e.g. compared to Agte's Peiper book.

Comment

Was my privilege to assist with several aspects of the project, I'll be buying 5 for myself and friends. A detailed study of a fine officer.

Best
                Mark C. Yerger

Comment

Congratulations on completing this endeavor! We anxiously await the publishing!

Andrew

Comment

I would like to say: Respect!

I am sure to get my copy.

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
                      Any estimate how big a book one can expect? I.e. e.g. compared to Agte's Peiper book.
                      Hello,

No, it's will not be comparable to the "Peiper" book by Patrick Agte. More lik the single works by Mark C. Yerger on "Ernst-August Krag", "Otto Kumm", and "Otto Weidinger". But not the same!

Mine is a very focused book on the person, not on the units he commanded.

The photo and document material included comes 80% from Wisch's estate and has never been shown anywhere. As a "LAH" buff myself, I'd say it's quite unique and it has cost tens of thousands of Euros to collect and can now finally be shared with the interested readers in it's historical context.

I am convinced the book will fill the gap of in-depth biographies of "Leibstandarte" commanders.

Cheers,
                      Markus

Comment

Thanks for the data! Sounds like one for my bookshelf!:-)

Comment

Update

Fellow collectors,
                          A recent update:
                          Schiffer Books informed me last week, that they have scheduled the “Wisch” biography for printing and publishing around end 2011 / beginning 2012.
                          I'll keep you posted.
                          Cheers,
                          Markus

Comment

Great news!!!

Comment

Any info on the final page count/format/hard or softcover/price?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X