Inglorious Basterd's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billcarson View Post
    What a blagger, for my money Tarantino's gloss has long since worn off, casting brad pitt to ensure "good box office".
    Rather than watch him plunder Peckinpah and Sergio Leone et al, go and rent the real McCoy on DVD.
    Well now I have to say there is something in what you say. Two wonderful Directors you have mentioned. Everytime I see your name I think of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly".

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Everytime I see your name I think of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly".
      And everytime I see your name, I think of.....
      Attached Files

Comment

political Spagetti is sweeter than Tarantino

Originally posted by billcarson View Post
        What a blagger, for my money Tarantino's gloss has long since worn off, casting brad pitt to ensure "good box office".
        Rather than watch him plunder Peckinpah and Sergio Leone et al, go and rent the real McCoy on DVD.

One of the reason's Sergio Leone movies are so enjoyable is that they are most decidedly political

Comment

just saw the movie

I just saw the movie with my brother and it was ok..not a Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs for sure..my brother fell asleep.

Hans Lande was the highlight...the "Basterds" were a bunch of murdering thugs, and I gotta say, if it wasn't for the uniforms of the good ole' US of A, I could've cared less if the "Basterds" got their heads blown-off, they sure as hell deserved it. And Brad Pitt I'm sorry wasn't the first to get what he deserved.

The only likeable and sympathetic characters were Shoshanna and the RK winner hero guy (who apparently won the RK with swords and oaks all at once!)

Anyway, mildly entertaining....and even though Goring, Bormann and Hitler were there, poor Himmler wasn't even featured--sorry Robin!
          Last edited by billmunny; 09-01-2009, 03:37 PM.
          "We all have it coming, Kid" ("Unforgiven")

Comment

Tarantino

Q. Tarantino never meet a movie he didn't COPY! But I do like his spin on things.

Of course B. Bitt helps quite a bit also.

I actually like the original version better from the 70's.

Johnny R.

Kill Bill 1 & 2 were his best!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X