Hitler's bodyguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok

Ok .. The ending title music from the series ......

What 1970's show was this also used in ????

A clue ...

Starring .. Miles Behind, Arthur Pint and Rosie Bottom

A 2nd Clue ...

"Ere I want a word with you"

Comment

This series is actually improving daily.

Yesterday, it was all about Hitler's security on the road.............vehicle convoys etc.

Today it was his air transport security.

Tomorrow it's his special trains.

There's quite a lot of good footage and information..............e.g. Hitler's plane taking off from a German airfield in southern Russia in 1943 as T34s were coming through the front gate!

Comment

For

For once the computer graphics are pretty decent, and compliment the documentry well ...

BTW .. the show was the Two Ronnies ... "The Phantom Raspberry Blower" ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPvMP...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Jucha View Post
          "The Phantom Raspberry Blower" ..
          Of Old London Town!

I remember it well.

Is that definitely the same music?

Comment

I am actually enjoying it. I think tonight's episode was the first in which cross eyed Bruno didn't get a mention! I had not heard of the Soviet forces coming so close to Hitler before either.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry OToole View Post
              yes he wasn t shy on using it on the crowd that bricked his car
              what: hitler had a go at the crowd? what happened?

Comment

Yep

Robin, ... yes !! the playout music from the documentry was the same playout music used in some episodes of "The phantom" ....
                I recognised it the 1st time the documentry played out .... and wondered if the producers had tried to pick a sinister piece of music not realising where it had been used previously !!

Gary J.

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                Of Old London Town!

I remember it well.

Is that definitely the same music?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Jucha View Post
                  Robin, ... yes !! The playout music from the documentry was the same playout music used in some episodes of "The phantom" ....
                  According to today's episode, Dr. Morell reported that Hitler suffered from 'colossal flatulence'!

Appropriate.............no?
                  Attached Files

Comment

You

Robin !!!! you beat me to that quote !!!!!

I wonder if "colossal Flatulence" appears in any medical dictionary ???
                    (Most probably they "blew that one off" the statute !).

Also, does colossal fit between "major" and "catastrophic" ?

Gary J.

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                    According to today's episode, Dr. Morell reported that Hitler suffered from 'colossal flatulence'!

Appropriate.............no?
                    Last edited by Gary Jucha; 11-29-2008, 03:22 AM.

Comment

I picked this dvd boxset up at the weekend and thought it was excellent.

Lots of repetition and the voiceactor was hilarious but it has a lot of interesting footage and a reasonable level of technical detail about bunker design, the various cars hitler used, airplanes and bodyguard procedures.

Lots of biographical details about the early SS men who formed the SS-Begleitkommando des Führers. I think a lot of the rivalry between Himmler and some of the figures is probably over stressed for the added drama but overall I would recommend it. Robert Powell narrates it and the production values are good.

For anyone who has not seen it yet amazon are currently selling the 4 disk 13 episode set for £6. which is a steal !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitlers-Body...1767511&sr=8-1

There is also a version on amazon.com with some extra printed material and a different cover for $80.

http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Bodygu...1768039&sr=8-1

Comment

I saw this series a few months ago on the Military Channel. I thought it was a well done series. But it is a little repetitive as some have suggested. I enjoyed watching one episode at a time, rather than 2 or 3 in a row. That DVD set on Amazon for £6 sounds like a deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Helden View Post
                          I picked this dvd boxset up at the weekend and thought it was excellent.

Lots of repetition and the voiceactor was hilarious but it has a lot of interesting footage and a reasonable level of technical detail about bunker design, the various cars hitler used, airplanes and bodyguard procedures.

Lots of biographical details about the early SS men who formed the SS-Begleitkommando des Führers. I think a lot of the rivalry between Himmler and some of the figures is probably over stressed for the added drama but overall I would recommend it. Robert Powell narrates it and the production values are good.

For anyone who has not seen it yet amazon are currently selling the 4 disk 13 episode set for £6. which is a steal !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitlers-Body...1767511&sr=8-1

There is also a version on amazon.com with some extra printed material and a different cover for $80.

http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Bodygu...1768039&sr=8-1
                          I just bought it, thanks. $8 GBP total to Canada including shipping? Wow.

Comment

Hitler's Bodyguard

Hello,
                            I have seen all of the shows. It aired in the US over a year ago on the Military Channel. I actually show a couple of the episodes to my students. I liked the one on Hitler's train.

Regards,
                            Jody

Comment

Worth watching - has lots of repetition, but also lots of clear early photography and little known information. Not just the typical "crazy evil Hitler & his concentration camps" stuff we've seen over & over again. Well worth buying on DVD for any TR collector.

Comment

it was £5 delivered on play.com when i bought it.... bargin!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X