Hitler's bodyguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler's bodyguard

watched first part of Hitlers bodyguard on uk history last night , some really good photo s i ve never seen before , didn t realise Adolf was such a physical action guy in the early nsdap days , second episode is on at 9 tonight

I've just watched it on UKTV History (Channel 12 on Freeview), very good IMO. Another episode is on at 1700 this evening.
    I wonder where his rhino hide whip is now....

Comment

yes he wasn t shy on using it on the crowd that bricked his car

Comment

Good

Good documentry .... well researched ... interesting footage ...

Defintely one to watch ..

Gary J.

Comment

So far, so good...............but there was a lot of repetition across episodes 1 & 2.

We'll just see how often the same clips..........and good old Bruno Gesche............. appear tonight!

It must be difficult to make the story of Hitler's Bodyguard spin out over 12 x 1-hour episodes!

Comment

12 episodes! wow , i think you are right about stretching it Robin

Comment

Is it seriously 12 episodes? This is when I wish I worked 9 to 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                Is it seriously 12 episodes? This is when I wish I worked 9 to 5.
                Yes............12 episodes.

Each night at 5pm and 9pm.

Comment

Hi Guys, I have been watching these and so far I have enjoyed them. I must agree with Robin, it is a little padded out at times. Maybe the bad accent voice over for Hitler could have been done better or not included at all.

Hi Robin are you sure there are going to be 12 episodes? I wonder if the second show at 9pm is just a repeat of the first? I don't pay for the channel, so it ends at 6pm for me I know they are showing it out 4 times a day, just to get their money's worth

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

This is terrible...i was rather looking forward to Antiques roadshow 1976 and what do they do?,they put something interesting on instead

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                      Hi Guys, I have been watching these and so far I have enjoyed them. I must agree with Robin, it is a little padded out at times. Maybe the bad accent voice over for Hitler could have been done better or not included at all.

Hi Robin are you sure there are going to be 12 episodes? I wonder if the second show at 9pm is just a repeat of the first? I don't pay for the channel, so it ends at 6pm for me I know they are showing it out 4 times a day, just to get their money's worth

Cheers, Ade.
                      Hello Ade.
                      It's 12 episodes.............the 9pm is a repeat of the 5pm one.
                      I've watched 3 now, and it's becoming a bit repetitive.
                      Almost seems like...........not 12 episodes, but the same one shown 12 times!

Comment

Hi Robin, seems like they will be dragging it out then!

Tonights episode on the "Night of the Long Knives" was ok, but nothing new in it.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                          Tonight's episode on the "Night of the Long Knives" was OK, but nothing new in it.
                          I agree.

I think if one of these programmes was to be watched as a 'stand-alone', it would be fine. But watching one after the other shows just how much repetition there is in the series as a whole.

Don't think I'll be buying the 'Boxed Blu-Ray Set' when it comes out!

Cross-eyed, pi$$-artist Bruno here seems to be in them all!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 11-20-2008, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I agree with Adrian, that voice over for Hitler is really effing annoying...embarassing even. It is even worse than the voice over that was used in the 'Hitler in Colour' programme last week, in which they made Adolf sound like a cross between Renee out of 'Allo Allo' and Bela Logusi.
                            I also agree that, so far, all the episodes have been very similar. That being said, it is good to actually see something different on UKTV History for the 1st. time in about 5 years.

Comment

Bruno ??

That's not Bruno.. It's "Ulric of England".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X