No announcement yet.

Der EINSATZ der ORDNUNGSPOLIZEI 1939-45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have now bought Steve's book and that also should be arriving on Thursday.....so, it had better be good

Incidentally Steve, I have came across your site only the other day when I was looking for books on this subject, however at that time, I only found reference to your other book on the web and by searching Amazon...today however I find your book without any problem ....the mysteries of the internet

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hello Ian,

Well, I hope you like it. If you do, and have time, please write a review for it on Amazon. If you don't like it, well forget what I just said.

If you see any errors or have any questions please let me know. I have additional information now on some of the battalions. My email is on the website and in the book.

Yes, it is a mystery to me how the Internet, and finding things works. I have found things, told myself "Oh, don't worry - you can find this again easy enough." Of course then I was never able to get back to the site.

Regards,

Steve

Comment

Hi Larry,

Since I'm mainly interested into pictures, may you tell me more or less how many pictures related to the Polizei units in North Italy and Balkans are present into the Steve book?
        (and, if someone have it, into the Michaelis one?)

Best Regards

Comment

T.K. -

I will take a look and get back to you, but I do not think there are more than a few covering your geographical area of interest.

Larry

Comment

T.K., I believe we're interested in the same subject. I ordered the book and will let you know !

Comment

Thanks boys!!
              I will wait you there.

Best Regards

Comment

T.K. -

There are a total of 4 photos for the Balkans, none for Italy: 1 small shot taken somewhere in Croatia that does not show German police, and 3 shots taken in or around Novo Mesto/Slovenia that have police in them. The other c.150 photos were all taken in Poland, Russia and the Reich. Sorry.

Larry

Comment

Hello Larry,

Thank you very much.
                  If I don't ask too much there's any chance to have a scan of the 4 pics?

Thanks a lot anyway

Comment

Sorry, I don't do scans. Maybe someone else here will help you.

Comment

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Hi

Is this book in german or in english?? The Photos are unpublished from privat collections?? can we see some scans from this Book???

Cheers Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                          Hi

Is this book in german or in english?? The Photos are unpublished from privat collections?? can we see some scans from this Book???

Cheers Tommy
                          The book is in English. I would say 90% of the fotos were never published. They come from the authors collection. For scans of the book see:

http://www.amazon.com/Police-Battali...3416009&sr=8-1

Gruss,

Steve

Comment

I've got Michaelis book few days ago and it's very interesting. With my poor german,it will take a while since I finish reading it, but it's filled with informations divided per regiment and with awesome pictures I didn't see on other publications. Definitely worths the money!

Comment

Mine arrived last week but to be honest not had the time really to go through them yet.....my initial thoughts are both are detailed in their own rights...

Michaelis has an in depth study of the Polizei Regiments.

Steve's as the title suggests Polizei Bataillon.

I would say you definately need both in your library if you are a Polizei collector!!!!

/Ian
                              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

My copy arrived this last week too. It's a useful addition to the literature already available on the subject, which is not great in any case. A 130 page book cannot IMO be called in depth, given the number of battalions and regiments involved. It gives the very basics of information which range from a couple of lines to a page for each regiment and from a couple of lines to about a dozen line paragraph for battalions.

Unfortunately it lacks the names of commanders, detailed OOB and TO&E charts and lists of the higher award winners. The most you get are how many battalions made up each regiment along with their fp numbers.

the level of information to be found is more or less on a level with that available at the Lexikon.
                                http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...spolizei-R.htm
                                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X