Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Der EINSATZ der ORDNUNGSPOLIZEI 1939-45

Hello,
    I am interested in buying this book. Does anybody has it already?
    Could you pls post a scan of the contents/index?
    It would of some use for me only if including the Balkans.
    thanks

Do you have the name of the author, full title, publisher, date published and ISBN so the members can determine whether or not they too might be interested in this book, which on the surface appears to be a new work on a subject about which little has been published?

Comment

hello Larry,
      it's from Rolf Michaelis

Comment

I have e-mailed Steve Campbell to see if the Michaelis book is a translation of, or a knock-off of, either with permission or without permission, his book published the end of last year by Schiffer. They are both about the same length (c.130p.) and cover exactly the same subject. Michaelis self-published his (Berlin, September 2008), and that always raises an eyebrow.

Comment

Hi Larry,

do you have that book ?

Comment

Yes, I have Steve Campbell's book. Meanwhile, he replied to my e-mail of yesterday and said he had not yet seen the Michaelis book and knew nothing about it or about the author. A friend of his in Germany has ordered it from amazon.de.com but hasn't received it yet.

Larry

Comment

Hi Larry, I just ordered it from Germany too, this morning.
              I know the author, and he released excellent books in the past.
              I found author's email and contacted him: this morning he sent me the contents:

Vorwort 5
              Einführung 6
              Der Einsatz 1939 10
              Der Einsatz 1940 14
              Der Einsatz 1941 18
              Der Einsatz 1942 19
              Der Einsatz 1943 24
              Der Einsatz 1944 28
              Der Einsatz 1945 30
              Monografien der Einheiten
              Die Polizei-Bataillone 33
              Die SS-Polizei-Regimenter 53
              Anhang
              Karten
              Die Einsatzräume der Polizei-Bataillone und SS-Polizei-Regimenter im Generalgouvernement 99
              Die Einsatzräume der Polizei-Bataillone und SS-Polizei-Regimenter
              in der Sowjetunion 100
              Die Einsatzräume der Polizei-Bataillone und SS-Polizei-Regimenter
              in Oberitalien, im Adriatischen Küstenland und der Krain 101
              Die Unterstellungsverhältnisse der Polizei-Bataillone und SS-Polizei-Regimenter 102
              Die Aufgaben der bewaffneten Ordnungspolizei gemäß Polizei-Dienstvorschrift 105
              Angehörige der Ordnungspolizei, die das Ritterkreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz erhielten 106
              Die 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division 107
              Dienstgradvergleiche 115
              Dokumente 116
              Auswahl der verwendeten Quellen und Literatur 130

the book costs about 29 euro!

Comment

Thank you for providing that, Matt. It will help those interested decide if they want to buy it. On the surface and without having seen the Michaelis book, it appears that Steve Campbell's work has more content for the individual Polizei Bataillonen and Regimenter. That's based on the page count. Steve's work also has quite a few photos. I will be interested in your comments after you receive the book!

Larry

Comment

Sure Larry !
                  I am mainly interested in their anti-partisan operations around here, and if this books has the excellent pics I've seen on other Michaelis books, it will be a very good source. I will let you know as soon as I get it.
                  Meanwhile, here's the cover
                  Attached Files

Comment

Interestingly I only ordered a copy of this book about an hour ago before seeing this thread!!!

Mine should be at home by Thursday....................

/Ian
                    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

A comparison between Campbell's and Michaelis' coverage of the same PB would be really interesting! They have used different source material and that will make for an interesting comparison. Do either of you gentlemen have Campbell's book?

Larry

Comment

Larry,

I am not familiar with Campbell's book, I have one on Polizei Panzer units by Werner Regenberg and the other is a large A4 format which has much material from a period book.....as I am not at home, no idea who wrote it at the moment!

Theres one by Phil Nix entitled Uniformed Police Forces of the Third Reich?!?!?

/Ian
                        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Much of Campbell's research comes from the U.S. Holocaust Center's huge collection of microfilmed German SS-u. Polizei records found in regional archives of the former USSR. This is new material not previously available to earlier researchers. He also used the Bletchley Park Ordnungspolizei intercepts which were only opened to researchers a few years ago. I know Michaelis did not use this material because to do so he would have had to make a very expensive, extended research trip to Washington. However, Michaelis may have used German resources, such as the Prosecutor General collection in Ludwigsburg, that Campbell did not. That's why a comparison would be fascinating (at least to an old archives rat like me!).

P.S. I'm not familiar with the Phil Nix book other than recalling it when it was recently published by a Swedish publisher. Antonio Muñoz (Europa Press) also has a book on the German police forces, and I think there are several others.

Comment

Actually, I am interested in this book also. From the Contents it looks like we went at the same subject with completely different approaches. I think if you gave 6 researchers the same 6 folders of material; they would all write different books.

My book, well I wish I could revise it, add everything I have learned since. Then again, a few years after that, I would want to write it all over again.

I am trying to put all of my research on my website. That way others can benefit, and it is another stick in the spokes of Holocaust deniers. For those of you who are interested it is:

thegermanpolice.com

As most, if not all of the authors, who write books like this, it isn't fame or fortune. It's an obsession.
                            Oh, and if anyone has SD diamond for sale please contact me....

Larry was to modest to mention it, but his work helped me immensely, as did his encouragement.

Regards,

Steve Campbell

Comment

Hi Larry
                              I don't have Steve Campbell's book yet, but it's indeed a pleasure to read from him here! I know his website though and it's a good reference for me

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X